PAINT JOB - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
PAINT JOB

This is a total random, toss up in the air question. Any info would help. I'm trying to grt a rough estimate on a good, not immaculate, but good paint job price on a 91 GT. The car has no dents. I am buying a new front bumper clip with a new bumper reinforcement. Also gonna purchase a new rear bumper and support and a new hood before painting. Not planning on changing the color which is metallic charcoal gray. Any rough estimates?
mustangmania91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Usually good paint jobs run about $3k, or you could have MAACO do their half *** job for like $500

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Yeah. $1.5-3k is usually a pretty normal paint job. Custom colors or a color swap might cost a bit more than a normal paint job. And flawless mirror paint jobs can be well over $12k. You get what you pay for with paint jobs.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The more prep work you do the less money it'll cost. If you can find someone who can spray you can always pay them to shoot the car and make your own temp booth in a garage with clear plastic, duct tape, a few HVAC flters and a box fan.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Its better to find someone that does side jobs at its house sometimes its the same materials as in a body shop and it can be half the price of a body shop
86foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
There is a company around here called Sprayglo and they cost as much as 700.
If you don't need any prep work they do a good job. It's worth staying in a hotel while they work because it usually takes 2 days. Vacation and a paint job for a reasonably low price.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The more prep work you do the less money it'll cost. If you can find someone who can spray you can always pay them to shoot the car and make your own temp booth in a garage with clear plastic, duct tape, a few HVAC flters and a box fan.
If you do the prep work make sure you know what you're doing. It's suck for you to put in work just to end up making work for the shop. I've seen people who thought sanding for new paint thought going down to bare metal. -.-

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol yeah definitely don't mess with it unless you know what you are doing. Also don't be like those ricers who prime their cars for paint and then find out how much a paint job will be and drive around in primer for a year and then have to re-do it all because the primer is shot to hell.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol yeah definitely don't mess with it unless you know what you are doing. Also don't be like those ricers who prime their cars for paint and then find out how much a paint job will be and drive around in primer for a year and then have to re-do it all because the primer is shot to hell.
Have you been around the car scene long? Primer was thought to be a factory color on the foxs in the early 2000s
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post
Have you been around the car scene long? Primer was thought to be a factory color on the foxs in the early 2000s
I got my start in Stangs in the late 90s/early 2000s and I honestly didn't see so many foxes around DE where I was stationed. However EVERY single Civic and Del Sol and whatever the hell else was rolling around in primer and unpainted cheap body kits hanging off because they couldn't even properly prep 3M tape or take the time to fasten them on. And fart cans and underbody neons and tire-flys... does anyone else remember tire-flys?

oh the horror thanks to FATF having just come out...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT