Steeda 19 cam - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Steeda 19 cam

Yay wanted to know if anyone was running one and if they have a sound clip with it installed can't seam to find one on YouTube
94CobraUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Doesn't sound very much different from stock honestly. For a 94/95 Cobra I would leave the HCI alone and work on the rest of the car first IMO. You'll get way more bang for you buck out of exhaust, gears etc...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Doesn't sound very much different from stock honestly. For a 94/95 Cobra I would leave the HCI alone and work on the rest of the car first IMO. You'll get way more bang for you buck out of exhaust, gears etc...
thanks but I already have it I just wanted an idea how it will sound I'm currently over seas so that's why I was wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94CobraUSMC View Post
Yay wanted to know if anyone was running one and if they have a sound clip with it installed can't seam to find one on YouTube
Take a look of the Crane Cam 2031. Good choice for 94 and 95 Cobra.
Lapida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapida View Post
Take a look of the Crane Cam 2031. Good choice for 94 and 95 Cobra.
I've already bought the steeda 19 cam it's good for what I'm wanting to do. I just wanted to know what she'll sound like or if it will make her lope a lil bit
Old 09-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

It'll lope a little. Not like an E cam or anything though. Just make sure you get a set of hardened pushrods and since you are using pedestal rockers you should be able to shim for correct length but its always best to measure. I'd leave it alone to avoid the hassle to be totally honest. The stock Cobra cam is a really good blower cam if you are planning to supercharge which is the best way to make an easy 400+whp on a 5.0 Cobra. Still have 0 idea why the 94/95 Cobras aren't in high demand. You get the updated body with the great pushrod engine with a set of heads/intake that actually flow and you get a numbered car... not sure what the downside is here lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It'll lope a little. Not like an E cam or anything though. Just make sure you get a set of hardened pushrods and since you are using pedestal rockers you should be able to shim for correct length but its always best to measure. I'd leave it alone to avoid the hassle to be totally honest. The stock Cobra cam is a really good blower cam if you are planning to supercharge which is the best way to make an easy 400+whp on a 5.0 Cobra. Still have 0 idea why the 94/95 Cobras aren't in high demand. You get the updated body with the great pushrod engine with a set of heads/intake that actually flow and you get a numbered car... not sure what the downside is here lol.
all that's replaced too and yes I do have hardened push rods but I'm gonna leave it N/A and on that note I loved the car bone stock but can't wait to get back to it with all the goodies on it. And thank you for being so much help
Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I have a ecam in mine, I didn't put hardened pushrods when I swapped it out, am I gonna run into a problem?
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

You should never change anything in your driveline without measuring for correct pushrod length and getting the right ones. Or at the very least shimming the stock rockers to have the correct wear pattern on the valve stem tips using the marker trick. Not having the right valvetrain geometry can cause power loss and premature valvetrain failure.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You should never change anything in your driveline without measuring for correct pushrod length and getting the right ones. Or at the very least shimming the stock rockers to have the correct wear pattern on the valve stem tips using the marker trick. Not having the right valvetrain geometry can cause power loss and premature valvetrain failure.
all I did was stock to e-cam swap and ported upper and lower intake...could I have a prob here in the future?
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

I would have done the wear pattern test on the valve stem especially since you had the intake off it would have been very easy to pull out a lifter, throw a solid checking lifter in there and measure for correct length. Part of properly setting up a new cam is to make sure you have the correct pushrod length, checking PTV and wear pattern on the valve stems.

New springs are a good idea too since the stock springs are barely adequate for the stock cam when they are brand new. After 100k miles they're going to float with a bigger cam.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would have done the wear pattern test on the valve stem especially since you had the intake off it would have been very easy to pull out a lifter, throw a solid checking lifter in there and measure for correct length. Part of properly setting up a new cam is to make sure you have the correct pushrod length, checking PTV and wear pattern on the valve stems.

New springs are a good idea too since the stock springs are barely adequate for the stock cam when they are brand new. After 100k miles they're going to float with a bigger cam.
I have springs out of some trickflow heads that will go in and help, just haven't had the time to do it, plus I bought them after I did the cam install, guess ill do that next...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« 347 | X pipe »