Fox Suspension Questions. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Fox Suspension Questions.

Just recently picked up a 1990 LX. Car is auto (built aod), has a Powerdyne blower with some other engine mods. Car made 368 RWHP and 363 RWTQ on the dyno. It is running rich and is getting tuned tomorrow. Should pick up some power with good tune. The car only has 44K miles on it. Gear is a 3:55. OK, here is the problem I am having. The car has 275/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sports (ZR rated) on the rear. Suspension is totally stock. When I get on it from a dead stop all I do is spin. From a 30 mph roll and stomp it, it will get sideways. I'm guessing drag radials on back would help, but still think some suspension work needs being done. Looking for suggestions that are budget minded. I will be taking the car to the strip (just for fun) grudge and TNT stuff, but also want it to handle good on the street. I had a 93 with a 347 and full drag suspension, hooked great at the track, but was no fun to drive on the street. Also not wanting to really lower the car, as the wheels and tires in back barely fit as is. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

CPERR2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
Subframes, mm adjustable lcas, upgrade shocks...that's cheapest upgrade but with lots of growing potential like front coilovers,mm cc plates,panhard/torque arm,remove ucas n quad shocks,get suggested Frt n rear spring rates with the adj. Lcas and you will have a great street/strip .02

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

With your ho those michelins should work for street after u upgrade suspension but if not Try the toyo r888 tires....easily take 400rwhp...any drag radial really should b fine...learn to slip clutch buddy...
jduckz5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT