Mass air meter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Mass air meter

Recently bought cai from am and I didn't read the fine print which didn't come with mas.i plan on getting 75 mm throttlebody and 24lb injectors in the future.my question is if I got a mass air meter for 75 mm and 24 lb injectors and ran it with what I have now.19 lb injectors and I believe 60 mm body will it give me problems?
Liebert91stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebert91stang View Post
Recently bought cai from am and I didn't read the fine print which didn't come with mas.i plan on getting 75 mm throttlebody and 24lb injectors in the future.my question is if I got a mass air meter for 75 mm and 24 lb injectors and ran it with what I have now.19 lb injectors and I believe 60 mm body will it give me problems?
If you get an air meter calibrated for 24 lb injectors and run it with 19 lb injectors the car will run too lean (unless you have someone custom tune the computer to match the parts you are runnin)

PS. The car wont make any more power with the 24 lb injector tna it will with the 19 lb injectors until you have better cylinder heads. I'd get the 75 mm MAF calibrated for 19 lb injectors.
realspeeddan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT