Need help deleting emission vac lines 84 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Need help deleting emission vac lines 84 GT

Sup guys, new owner to an 84 mustang GT, carbed

Half of this stuff is already ripped out... this is what it has in mods...

Shorty equal length headers
H-pipe
Flowmasters
A stock type intake but it a bit taller than stock

Ok, so it still has the egr equalization tube and smog pump... I'm goig to leave that there till i can get a shorter belt and some plugs for it...

The heater is gone, the egr is gone, and the evap seems to be all there.

The previous owner re-routed the lines but its not making sense to me, and the evap lines are falling apart.

Basically I need to know what components do i need to keep (tad, tab, etc) for a/c, power brakes, distributor and how to route it all, & which lines is the vacuum ball comming from the rear pass fender area?

basically im lookin for a this goes to that, then from that to this lol step by step for each thing please

Thanks in advance
Smokum281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
bump... fixed broken lines only, and took cluster out for cleaning... car wont start. oil chewed up wires... wtf.
Smokum281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Make sure your cluster connections are connected properly.... If they aren't seated tightly your car won't crank.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Google mustang vacuum diagram and you will find an image of what lines go to the solenoids, pump etc. the image comes up for an 87, but works for the 84 also. If I remember right vacuum comes from intake to solenoid, from egr to solenoids, one from firewall to intake. My egr is still connected, but the pump wasn't working so I removed it, one of the solenoids (I think it was the tad), plugged the line that connected to heads to the pump (just temp until I build another motor), and ran a 84.5" belt. Not exact on belt size, but have it written down somewhere. The vac lines that i disconnected to remove solenoid, i simply connected into existing vac lines. where the tab/tad are vac comes thru fender and goes to computer, intake, and egr. so w/o egr you should be able to delete that line all together. Hope that helps.
Sgt_Syke is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT