95 cobra chip - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
95 cobra chip

I bought a 95 svt cobra for a project car. Clean car just needs some love. The guy i bought it off of said someone had stolen the cobra chip at a service garage. Any suggestions on a replacement or upgrade? It's regeared, headers, stainless exhaust, cold air intake, trans just rebulit, rev limiter removed. Just curious about the chip situitation? Thanks
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
AM & Bama can help cheaply. Best thing to do is go to a reputable dyno shop and get yourself a handheld unit. The older generations are getting cheaper, hold 3 tunes. New units hold several. A dyno tune will be programmed to your cars real world numbers. driving it now under the stock tune is a handicap. You will not be able to wipe the smile from your face once the new tunes are written for you.
Suggestions for day of dyno pulls:
Replace fuel filter, change oil & filter, clean air filter, fill tank with 93 octane, new plugs, ensure synthetic fluid and FRPP friction modifier is in differential.
Have fun!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I bought a 95 svt cobra for a project car. Clean car just needs some love. The guy i bought it off of said someone had stolen the cobra chip at a service garage. Any suggestions on a replacement or upgrade? It's regeared, headers, stainless exhaust, cold air intake, trans just rebulit, rev limiter removed. Just curious about the chip situitation? Thanks
Congratulations on the new Cobra! Post up some pictures, we'd love to check it out.

That's a shame that someone stole the chip off of the ECU. However, we can definitely help you get a new chip/tuner and a set of custom tunes for your new Snake! With your current build list you're really going to benefit from a custom tune.

Here's the chip I would recommend! It's very simple to install and will hold up to 4 custom tunes at once. We load with a Street, Performance and Race tune for you before it ships out!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your Cobra. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. You'll notice large gains in power, torque, acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage and much more!

I hope this helps. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions at all or need some assistance! You can also feel free to hit up the Bama team and run any questions you may have past them. Their contact information can be found in my signature!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
"Chip" was likely garbage anyway, who cares if someone stole it. They didn't btw, he probably pulled it and sold it for $100.

Go get a custom dyno tune and call it good. You'll pick up a good slug of power and a good tuner will be able to dial in the finicky 94/95 computers.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT