1995 GT pros and cons - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lol, same with ebay, ebay used to be GREAT when it first came up. I got car parts, gaming stuff, electronics etc... for next to nothing. Now its just another big online retail store.

But yeah ppl think THEIR stuff is worth almost new prices. No, if you have an open box item you knock off 25% of the new price, if its in good shape used then half. That yellow stang is a $1000-$1500 car at most. Dude is not going to get $2400 unless someone near him HAS to have a canary yellow and then they're 90% of the time going to see the auto and go "damn...".
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I bought my 95 sight unseen for just over 5K. The ex wife went and looked at it. I think she stopped looking at "oooh pretty green convertible." Mechanically it seems solid sans the shot exhaust and throw out bearing/clutch. The front bumper came off a red car and was repainted so I worry what else I will find as I dig. The Tan leather is worn but that is to be expected this old and makes me want to put in a custom black and tan neoprene interior. My son is nagging for the tan top to be swapped out for black. These things are so much fun and having the 5.0 in the age of overhead cams is a nice touch.
Splogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Just learned raditator crack easy
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaacker View Post
Just learned raditator crack easy
I've never had an issue with the stock radiators.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
mine busted a leak a while back on the trans line connection.
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just read about it and americanmuscle talks about it I got a oem replacement for 51 bucks so that will do for now tell I can get a aluminum one
Old 01-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Just read about it and americanmuscle talks about it I got a oem replacement for 51 bucks so that will do for now tell I can get a aluminum one
Ok, that's great, I've owned these cars for a pretty good while now and never had a problem with one. I'll take my experience over the interwebs. My last Mustang before this one had the stock rad at 15 years old keeping the car right at 180-190 in 100 degree heat confirmed with a mechanical gauge.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, that's great, I've owned these cars for a pretty good while now and never had a problem with one. I'll take my experience over the interwebs. My last Mustang before this one had the stock rad at 15 years old keeping the car right at 180-190 in 100 degree heat confirmed with a mechanical gauge.

Hey maybe I am just one of the few that get to deal with the issue
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

I mean I'm sure they go bad, its a metal part with fluid going through it and the newest new edge is 10 years old now but I've personally never had an issue and always found them reliable. I also tend to be VERY wary of reviews on AM. I've submitted two negative reviews on parts so far on that site and neither of them show up. And no they were not against ToS or anything like that.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I mean I'm sure they go bad, its a metal part with fluid going through it and the newest new edge is 10 years old now but I've personally never had an issue and always found them reliable. I also tend to be VERY wary of reviews on AM. I've submitted two negative reviews on parts so far on that site and neither of them show up. And no they were not against ToS or anything like that.

I have read from more then american muscle but anyways new one is in car is up in running
Old 01-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have read from more then american muscle but anyways new one is in car is up in running
oem replace?
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
oem replace?

Yeah it's just a stock one for I'll be ordering mishimoto one in a year or to
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff

If/when I need a new rad because mine is nearly 16 years old I'm going to roll the dice with a Mishimoto. For the price you can't go wrong.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If/when I need a new rad because mine is nearly 16 years old I'm going to roll the dice with a Mishimoto. For the price you can't go wrong.
I love mine!!!! its pretty too!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
My 0.02 cents:

AODE, sucks stock. Just do 4R70W internals, now its just as good as an 04', shift kit and a large aftermarket trans cooler, rock solid dependable trans that will take a beating.

Engine. LRS still has stock shortblocks for 1,000$, throw GT40 or P heads on it, stock cam, explorer intake etc. Cheap easy Power, run like a top for another 200,000 miles.

Don't need a tuner, the stock computer sucks but unless heavily modded or aftermarket cammed don't really absolutely need it.

For a daily driver, throw in 3.55 or 3.73's and it will be a well behaved fun mid 14 second mustang that will last a long happy life. My 4.10's are not always the most fun to drive with in bad weather.

New edge PBR brake swap with good pads and stainless lines will make the brakes feel awesome.

I'd pay 1,500 max for the car the way it is.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

I can tell my radiator was replaced with the stock ford one before. The old woman I brought it off got in a fender bender with it. The moron who installed it though broke the hex off my petcock drain plug, and never drilled the hole out for the overflow resiviour so I had to drill out the mustang optional hookup where the hose hooks up to the radiator fill neck. I guess they use the same radiator in another ford that uses a degas bottle. I managed to get the old petcock out and put a Dorman replacement in. Dam Canadian ford worker dident know what he was doing.
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Could always be worse my friend. Radiator is cheap compared to the horrors I've seen some cars deal with from inept mechanics. My father's Kia got an oil change and they left the old oil filter on, and it was loose. ? How the heck do you forget to change the oil filter when obviously they had begun to loosen it and remove? Luckily he caught it in time before any damage occured.

On my wifes car, Walmart broke her dipstick and just left the metal stick go into the motor and put the top part back on like nobody would notice.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior View Post
Could always be worse my friend. Radiator is cheap compared to the horrors I've seen some cars deal with from inept mechanics. My father's Kia got an oil change and they left the old oil filter on, and it was loose. ? How the heck do you forget to change the oil filter when obviously they had begun to loosen it and remove? Luckily he caught it in time before any damage occured.

On my wifes car, Walmart broke her dipstick and just left the metal stick go into the motor and put the top part back on like nobody would notice.
That's sucks... I wonder who gives some of these morons the ASE certification to work in shops. I'm currently in school for mine right now and I do everything as I would on my own car, and by the book.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
That's sucks... I wonder who gives some of these morons the ASE certification to work in shops. I'm currently in school for mine right now and I do everything as I would on my own car, and by the book.
You think most of the guys who work in auto shops are ASE certified?

Old 01-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You think most of the guys who work in auto shops are ASE certified?

Guess not
Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #56
Staff
Regular
Staff

At the oil change places, NOOONE is ASE certified or maybe 1 guy is. They use high schoolers and untrained labor they can pay minimum wage to do oil changes. I mean, its not hard to screw in a filter and undo a single drain plug. If you go to a qwik lube or jiffy lube or wherever, you get a high schooler and "bulk oil" in your car. Not kidding.

For a legit mechanic, the head guy will be an "A-tech" and ASE certified but who knows who else is and who else is working on it. At a dealer its better, many of them HAVE to be ASE certified but you still never know. My father in law is a 20+ year ASE certified Honda tech and he has some horror stories from guys he's seen screw **** up. I also find that when I let ppl with Honda's know "hey my FIL is a master tech at a local dealer" they can't get his contact info fast enough. A good mechanic is hard to find these days and I'm not just saying that. One reason I do almost ALL my own work and am a nut about research/recommendations and word of mouth if I take any of my cars anywhere.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
At the oil change places, NOOONE is ASE certified or maybe 1 guy is. They use high schoolers and untrained labor they can pay minimum wage to do oil changes. I mean, its not hard to screw in a filter and undo a single drain plug. If you go to a qwik lube or jiffy lube or wherever, you get a high schooler and "bulk oil" in your car. Not kidding.

For a legit mechanic, the head guy will be an "A-tech" and ASE certified but who knows who else is and who else is working on it. At a dealer its better, many of them HAVE to be ASE certified but you still never know. My father in law is a 20+ year ASE certified Honda tech and he has some horror stories from guys he's seen screw **** up. I also find that when I let ppl with Honda's know "hey my FIL is a master tech at a local dealer" they can't get his contact info fast enough. A good mechanic is hard to find these days and I'm not just saying that. One reason I do almost ALL my own work and am a nut about research/recommendations and word of mouth if I take any of my cars anywhere.
I hear ya, I won't let anyone do anything on my car. I put my own convertible top on this summer by me self witch was a big job. This month at my school where I'm getting ASE certified I'm going to install 3.73's and a track lok rebuild kit. Going to pickup my royal purple gear lube as we speak.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Yea. They cracked my wiper cowel replacing the windshield but I cant prove it so I take it in the ***. I have to replace the top. Torn between learning and paying someplace

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2016 Mustang GT, Fastback Perf Pack (Ingot Silver)
Splogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splogan View Post
Yea. They cracked my wiper cowel replacing the windshield but I cant prove it so I take it in the ***. I have to replace the top. Torn between learning and paying someplace

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If I had to do it over again I would have payed a good shop to do it. As I couldent afford it at the time I had to be crafty. If you want to learn buy the year specific DVD on latemodelresoraton. Doing it yourself will save you roughly $400
Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #60
Staff
Regular
Staff

IMO if you have the tools and a free weekend there is no way its a good idea to pay someone else to do something like change the top unless you feel your time is more valuable than that.

Then there is also the knowledge that something is getting done correctly by YOU vs some guy at a shop who, at the end of the day, isn't going to be as invested in your vehicle as you are.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
IMO if you have the tools and a free weekend there is no way its a good idea to pay someone else to do something like change the top unless you feel your time is more valuable than that.

Then there is also the knowledge that something is getting done correctly by YOU vs some guy at a shop who, at the end of the day, isn't going to be as invested in your vehicle as you are.
This is true but there definitely is an art and experience to it. Mine came out ok but it is to tight in the corners behind my window. It's not a mechanical thing like moding your engine it's more upholstery and it's stressful as hell.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd never done upholstery in my life before I did mine. Looks better than OEM. Just gotta take your time and buy quality stuff.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I gotta get my drivers seat redone 20 year old car why does leather have to wear out even with conditioning and putting product on it
Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsheep5.0 View Post
I gotta get my drivers seat redone 20 year old car why does leather have to wear out even with conditioning and putting product on it
That's sucks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT