Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What kind of Dyno numbers should I expect?

4K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  1sloSN95 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guy I'm new to this forum so I need some help on what to expect out of my build that I had put together. It's a stock block 302 170 trickflow twisded wedge track heat heads compression should be between 9.7.1 to 10.1 from what the trickflow rep told me heads are gasket matched to a ported/gasket matched gt40 intake. I also have 1087 cam specs (.510 .534 lift) 289-299 duration 1.6 trickflow rockers 70mm throttle body and a 75mm proM mass air meter I just installed the cold air intake and 34lb injectors under drive pullies and deleted the smog pump. The car also has shorty race headers off road X and pypes violator mufflers. What do you guys think it would make? Im hoping it would make 305rwhp 330rwtq.... O yea....its a 95 mustang gt be the way...

#5 ·
I thought about using the tfs intake or holley systemax, but I already had the ported gt40 intake from my last set up so thats why decided to use the gt40... Besides I think that the gt40 will make a ton of toque.. The cam you asked about earlier is the old school wolverine 1087.. Comp cam is making it now... Look on Holcombe Motorsport website you will find it their..

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Can somebody give a guess what the car will run in the 1/4.... It has 90/10's struts up front 50/50's in the rear and eibach drag launch kit..

#6 ·
1/4 mile has a lot to do with the suspension and how well of a driver you are. A great driver could see 11s if it makes 310/335 like I think it will. If you've never been to the track prepare to get beat by a lot of things you think you shouldn't lose to until you learn to drive.

#8 ·
I made 301/325 on a set of Edels/ported Cobra/ XE112HR cam and a set of dicked up injectors so you should make at least that. I still think 310/335 and potential of 11s.

#18 ·
If thats what you want. That should get you close to 4 im sure.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Now if you go turbo you might want to take out the cam. Turbos do not like big cams. Unless its a cam grind for a turbo. Yiu would probably make more power with a stock cam with the turbo

#19 ·
For longevity you leave it NA honestly. Or get a purpose built motor. The stock shortblock can last for a good while with a power adder, but if you are beating on it routinely don't expect a 150k mile runner.

A good NA 408 will probably do 80-100k miles no problem and put 500/500 down to the tires all day.

#25 ·
That's pretty much normal for the eddys although you failed to mention WHICH eddy heads, WHICH intake and what the cam specs are. Also the rest of the supporting cast and who tuned it.

#31 ·
Car sounds great man. I do think your injectors are to big. They may be fine with a big shot of nitrous or boost but without it they are to much. 24# would have been plenty for your current set up. Also, if your wanting boost you will need to bring the compression down some or not run much boost at all, which would kind of defeat the purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.