Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Seafoam

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  5.oh 
#1 ·
Got an 88 mustang 5.0 lx that I want to seafoam. I was told half in the fuel tank and half in the brake booster vacuum line? Which one is the brake booster vacuum line? Is it on the vacuum tree? Diagram anyone lol?;)

#3 ·
Thats honestly what I figured. Is the portions right though? Half in the b/b line and half in the tank? I just did an oil change so Im not going to run any through the oil. Do I need to have someone rev the engine lightly as im pouring some in the vacuum line?

#4 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Ah the seafoam, required ever 10k miles on a B headed car. Never was a huge fan of basically lighting the inside of your crankcase on fire (which is what it pretty much does) but I've seen too many ****tily running cars fixed by it. Also have seen more than one dip**** ruin an engine with it but that was their own damn fault.

#12 ·
I take the hose off that says S on it from the vacuum tree that runs always to the front of the throttle body. Hold it at 3500 rpm and pour it in there. It's the same as it idling and dripping. I do this at my shop all day with a mini tank you pour the sea foam in with a hose you put on the throttle body and let it rip. Just don't let the car die cause it will be hard to start.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.