Mustang Evolution Forum banner

turn the key nothing dome light on no stereo nothing

940 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  85stangrevo 
#1 ·
originally i replaced starter solenoid and battery had it run a few times i had to replace distributor and was good but when hooking up electric choke one day i turned the key and nothing earlier that day i had it started and radio was working now when i turn key to on no radio and doesnt even attempt to start i check the voltage at battery and solenoid im gettin 3.2v bounces down to 1.8v and back up but key off im getting 11.8 or better if icharge it im stuck hoping will someone please help me figure it out?

#6 ·
ya just now i cleaned they werent too bad oh and which body grounds do you mean? its still that i turn the key and no stereo it usually always came on so i thought maybe a fuse but none were blown and the fact that when the key is on the battery shows 1.8 to 3.2 volts as compared to when its off its showing about 12

#9 ·
your definately right no i wasnt hearing any clicks or anything but the solution to it dropping below twelve when i turned the key was just the battery was bad i replaced it and got it to turn right over. thanks for your help another issue im having tho is an electric choke that opens way too wide for the engine to idle i might go ahead and start another post though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.