can I modify my flowmaster setup by clamping in borla's? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I don't have an exploder... I have an expedition with the 5.4L so yeah... close. I think the Expy has a 3" exhaust after the Y, not sure, really never looked into modding my giant station wagon lol. I know I have the correct year for the Lightning swap and I could J-mod the 4R70w but I really don't see the point when all it does is haul our thundering herd of dogs around and is my bad weather DD.

But yeah the flows will sound milder and way less drone especially if the stock muffler is in place. Might actually be restricting it a little if the stock muffler is in place vs just a straight pipe before the stock muffler.
Hahahhah exactly, his is 2 1/4 so he acctually had to get adapters, and it probobly is more restrictive than stock. The 5.4 would defiantly sound better though. With the 3" pipe and all.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
never heard of the dynomax,,,might look into changing it up hmm
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
If you do, make sure you get the "Ultra Flow", not the Super Turbos or Thrush etc... I mean those others are good but not as good as the Ultras. Super Turbos are damn near quiet as stock (you still know its not stock though) while Thrush (what I have) is a chambered muffler. With that said, the Thrush mufflers do not drone nearly as badly as Flowmasters do but its still there.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
Do i, I am very happy with them

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you do, make sure you get the "Ultra Flow", not the Super Turbos or Thrush etc... I mean those others are good but not as good as the Ultras. Super Turbos are damn near quiet as stock (you still know its not stock though) while Thrush (what I have) is a chambered muffler. With that said, the Thrush mufflers do not drone nearly as badly as Flowmasters do but its still there.
I have some ultra flows laying around and i think im gonna swap them out in place of my 40's cause they are worn out but do they sound like magnaflows? Couldnt find any good examples on youtube. Also will they quiet down my o/r x pipe too much? Mine are real loud now and i wanna keep that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd85 View Post
I have some ultra flows laying around and i think im gonna swap them out in place of my 40's cause they are worn out but do they sound like magnaflows? Couldnt find any good examples on youtube. Also will they quiet down my o/r x pipe too much? Mine are real loud now and i wanna keep that.

they are quieter at idle but the idle sounds much much more chunky like you have a mild cam even though its stock. midrange is miled with no drone, and wot is louder than the flowmasters. the only way I can sum up the ultra flows is like the lion on the box they come in, they sound brutal. not annoyingly loud though. it's prefrence I put the ultra flows on because my 40's were to droney and gave me a headache. here's my ultra flows.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote:

they are quieter at idle but the idle sounds much much more chunky like you have a mild cam even though its stock. midrange is miled with no drone, and wot is louder than the flowmasters. the only way I can sum up the ultra flows is like the lion on the box they come in, they sound brutal. not annoyingly loud though. it's prefrence I put the ultra flows on because my 40's were to droney and gave me a headache. here's my ultra flows.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

They might not be as loud as the flows at idle or off idle but they will be at WOT. There is also a difference between being loud and sounding good. Flows get raspy at WOT (IMO) and drone enough to make you want to put in ear plugs on the highway.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post
Yea, I'm going to get cheap summit shorties for $150, sandblast them in my cabnet. Paint them with ciramic headar paint myself and bake it on in my oven and buy the stage 8 blots and aluminum gaskits with the cash i saved. The ciramic coated ones from pacesetter and bbk are to expensive.
I hope you work is better quality than your spelling.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gtconvert View Post

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I like my setup now and imo they sound more throaty then raspy at WOT
but i wanna swap because one of my 40's has a hole through it and patching it isnt gonna cut it.

Quote:
They might not be as loud as the flows at idle or off idle but they will be at WOT. There is also a difference between being loud and sounding good. Flows get raspy at WOT (IMO) and drone enough to make you want to put in ear plugs on the highway.

hd85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT