Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Oil pump

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  5.oh 
#1 ·
Was messing around racing another gt and at a stop light about an hour later I noticed my car was lumping a lot more then usuall. Also the oil pressure was at about 15 psi (aftermarket mechanical). Noticed while messing with the car my harmonic balancer was wobbling real hard. Replaced it and seems to be better. My car is still randomly dropping down to 10 psi, normally stayed at a minimum of 20.

Could my oil pump be going out? I'm just skeptical of it since it seemed to be really bad when it Was lumping hard. Like wanting to die..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
Racing? Like street, or on a track? Street racing is stupid man, lucky for you that the oil pump is possibly the only thing wrong.

#3 ·
Forum has a no tolerance policy with street racing...you should really consider public safety when driving and not screw around racing light to light. Not only could you kill yourself but thats your own god damn fault but more importantly you could hurt some one else that doesn't deserve it.

#4 ·
+1000000. Street racing shows a complete disregard for the safety of other people, drivers, and even property around you.

#8 ·
Yea I guess this is correct for some people. But If you know this was a stupid thing to do then why so you do it?? Usually people learn from there from there mistakes and make sure it doesn't happen again, not go and do it over and over again and just say that was a stupid thing I just did and admit it over and over again.

#15 ·
Might have twisted the pump shaft, might just be a random blip in the line you have or the pump may be on the way out. Getting down near 10 is not good but if its just a jump then I wouldn't worry TOO much... yet... If it is a bad bump then the K member has to come out or the motor has to come out to get the pan off to change it.

#16 ·
Once again, thanks scotty. Kinda thinking it was the pump just going out on me. I was thinking about rebuilding it this summer anyways... just wanted to make sure I should be good to drive it..

#17 ·
Just keep an eye on the oil pressure and if its running well then its running well. Instead of rebuilding consider a lower mileage Explorer motor from a JY. Get the Exploder motor on a stand, do valve springs, measure/install hardened pushrods and swap in a stock GT cam or just take your GT cam out and put it in. Pull your motor, swap everything over to the Explorer and drop it right back in. Weekend job, +50hp, won't even need a tune.

#19 ·
He has a pushrod. Melling high performance standard volume pump and you are set. $40 from any online vendor if not cheaper. Ran one in my Cobra when I did the motor and it worked like a champ.

#20 ·
I want to do that but it's to much work fur rizzeal lol I can maybe go to one where they sell already picked motors. How much hp will that be total? I'm running 215 to the wheels with my cam and explorer intake. The motor I have is food I just want to rebuild it cause the rear main seal leaks a little. If I pull it for the seal I might as well do the pump also. I can have it tore down and rebuilt in a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.