Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Wiring and heat delete questions

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ALMOST STOCK 
#1 ·
Ok I have a 91 mustang gt I'm taking the heat out of and I'm not sure of the best way to do it, if I take the bar off where the heater hoses connect from the water pump to the heater core I lose my coolant temp sensor, if I leave it can I loop the two front hose connections and leave the rear connected to the heater core? Also wondering what the importance of the black hose coming of the top of that bar to the egr spacer what's it do?
Also wondering if anyone's got a ignition wiring diagram thanks alot

#2 ·
If you want to eliminate the heater tube you can mount the ECT sensor to lower intake by using a 1/2" X 3/8" NPT reducer and then mount the ECT sensor to the reducer . You can find the 1/2" X 3/8" reducer at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc and possibly your local hardware store.

#4 · (Edited)
If you’re doing a heater core delete you can remove the heater core leave the heat tube ( bar) and go to AutoZone or Napa and get a U-shaped heater hose that is 3/4” on one end and 5/8” on the other ( the heater tube ( bar) has 2 different size openings. Deleting the heater core this way you still have the ECT sensor and the nipple for the EGR spacer.
OEM: B87629 | Hose (Heater) | AutoZone.com
You'll need to trim about an inch off the longer side to get it to fit exactly and have a nice clean looking loop.

OR
If you do a heater tube deletes then you’ll need the reducer to be able to keep the ECT sensor, but you’ll have to do an EGR spacer delete to eliminate the hoses going into and leaving the EGR spacer. You’ll also need to plug the hose or cap the back hose that goes to the lower intake.
You can use something like this to delete the heater tube.
OEM: B87629 | Hose (Heater) | AutoZone.com

OR
Something like in the pictures below, I have heard that the rubber cap sometimes last a couple of years and some say they’ve had the on for over five years without any issues.

You might find the 91 ignition wiring diagram here
Mustang FAQ - Wiring & Engine Info

You were wonder about the hose to the EGR spacer it feels coolant to the EGR.
This is what the EGR spacer does.

what does the egr spacer do? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.