Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need Help With Install Of Bbk Ssi Lower Intake On My 88 Fox 302

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hi I just have a few quick questions on this install and some of this community imput on my setup. I just dropped in some aluminum gt 40x heads with some crane cam 1.7 ped mount roller rockers. i am already runing a ford racing f 303 cam. heads are on and torqued down to spec. so I just finished puttinuig together the fuel rails and injectors on the lower and ready to install it to the heads. I notcied the hardware kit that came with the intake does not have the lower mounting bolts. Should I just use the old ones with these heads? Or should I order new ones? If so what should I order.? And I also have another question regarding my the injectors. I am installing 30 lbs injectors with a 73mm cailibrated MAF will this be to much fuel for my set up? Thanks

#2 ·
when I put my typhoon on mine, I used my stock bolts, but a bout a month later I had to re tap the holes them because the bolts back out of the alumn intake.

#5 ·
yes I did! lol

it was a used kit and the heat expansion on that alumn intake back the two back bolts out nearest to the fire wall, but when I retapped, I did them all.

I was in a hurry, and maybe I didn't use enough, it was when I hooked up my nitrous and I did a lot of test and tune, they backed all the way out prolly about a month and a half after the initial install, oh well lol just a lessoned learned :)

#6 ·
You need to do 2 or 3 re-torques on the intake bolts after you heat cycle the motor so loctite is a nono. Also the SSI intake is a godawful intake in all honesty, I'd recommend an explorer/GT40/Cobra with a ported lower from personal experience. Cheaper, looks better, more bottom end and OEM fit.

I know I preach it every time I see a thread like this but I will again, you DID measure for correct pushrod length when you did the heads/rockers/cam right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.