Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cobra

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ALMOST STOCK 
#1 ·
So I am planning on making my 89 convertible my own cobra does anyone know what i should do to it to be able to call it a cobra I sorta need help lol

galaxy s4

#2 ·
Cobra emblems and your done. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Considering the 93 cobra only came with different heads and wheels that should be close enough to call it a cobra.

#6 ·
Yeah, these cars and there engines are not the most complicated that's for sure. Prolly the most complicating is vacuum lines, but if you get pieces of masking tape and wrap around each hose you can put where they go back to and not have to worry about it. That's what I'm going to have to do..

#7 ·
To make your 89 a "Cobra" you need to sell it and buy a Cobra, your VIN will never be correct and they didn't make any Cobras till 93. Look up "93 Cobra" for images of what they look like though.

Call me an ass but if you have a GT, have some GT pride. Even if you throw Cobra stuff all over it call it what it is.

As far as a motor refresh, don't put anything but a stock cam in that motor unless you do the heads. The stock heads are so bad that any aftermarket cam will either lose you power or just move the powerband around.

#12 ·
Look... if you want to Fobra your car out, do whatever makes you happy its YOUR car. But just be aware that they are somewhat controversial and anyone who knows Mustangs will instantly know its a fake. I mean the 89 would be a dead giveaway for multiple reasons. Just the front fenders being the smaller wheel opening ones is a dead giveaway from across the parking lot.

#14 ·
Because I literally JUST got these rims on and I still need to do a photo shoot as it sits now vs just stealing img links out of the previous owner's photobucket lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.