Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Supercharger

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
What modifications would I have to do to my 1989 Mustang gt to be able to put a supercharger in it?

galaxy s4

#2 ·
Im assuming you have a mostly stock car. It depends on the supercharger and boost you plan on running. I've got the Vortech V3 sci (low boost) kit. Its a direct bolt on, no mods required. And its upgradable. I just installed a UPR boost pipe and picked up a few pounds of boost. but if you start getting into the 425-450 rwhp numbers you're gonna need a stronger block. And of course supporting mods.

#9 ·
Intake but I had them re surfaced and new springs and re did the value seats so idk then the heads are like brand new now

galaxy s4
If you did all that you would have had a TON of extra benefit from doing it to a set of $200 GT40 cores. E7 heads are terrible but even they can flow ok if you cram enough air through them. The more pressing issue really is the rest of the car. You can crank around 400whp through a stock 5.0 motor with all the "bolt ons" done but without the right driveline to get the power to the ground its not going to do anything but spin off the line and be decent from roll races.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.