Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Msd coil

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Would the msd street fire coil give any extra spark or added performance over my stock coil?

#5 ·
Nope, gimmick.

#10 · (Edited)
Why? WOT boxes work great. You floor it and when you go to powershift the RPM will dip just enough to get a smooth shift provided you aren't a ****ty driver. Although its no substitute for a manually shifted automatic lol.

With that said, you really don't need one for street use.

As far as MSD is concerned, MSD="My Spark Disappeared" or "Might Suddenly Die". MSD has been a junk product for years, even when I started they were garbage. Upgrading ignition parts is really not needed until you get a power adder or hit a certain power level and when you DO finally need to upgrade, buy Crane. You'll be happy with Crane stuff.

Oh, and for COPS/Coil Packs stick with OEM Ford. The MSD/Accel/Ebay special COPS and Packs are all inferior to OEM.

#12 ·
Well honestly it would be a waste of money unless you are powershifting at the track and your trans is sound and everything.

#15 ·
Yeah but was your t-5 BUILT or was it just rebuilt? Because a rebuilt t-5 is still a glass jaw t-5. You miss 3rd trying to powershift even with a WOT box and you are very likely to shear all the teeth right off it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.