Ok here is what I am dealing with

Cold start
Drive
Shut off
Try to restart, no start
Try 30-40 minutes later, starts

Fuel pressure reads around 40lbs
Cranking no bang

Think it could be TIMING since the car has new distributor,coil,ignition,plugs,wires timing might be to far advanced? Rough idling

Or is it vapor lock? How do I check if it is vapor lock?

Once car is started the car runs all day so I am ruling out fuel pump since the gauge stays around the 40 marker while running.

Thanks

#13 ·
Fuel pressure seems a little low, but if its running then its still ok. My 87' 5.0 did the same thing (kind of) on hot days. For me part of it was the way my intake was set up. Instead of getting an actual cool air intake designed to pop into the fender, I had a kit I got at Oriley and a K&N cone filter. Well while it was running it was fine, but after I stopped somewhere and came back it would not start for a few minutes. My half assed intake was sucking in hot air right off the engine, which was causing it to not start as it should. Ponied up for a real cool air intake and have not had the problem since. May not be your issue but it worked for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.