Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MAF

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  5.oh 
#1 ·
When buying a mass airflow meter (76mm) for my stang.. Does it matter if i get one for cold air intake or stock air box? Thinking of getting one for the cold air intake cause i got a long filter on my car but i dont think its a CAI

#4 ·
You have a fox which means you can still get the FRPP stainless shorties. Get them instead of the BBK and get the ceramic coated FRPPs. They will cost more but the quality isn't even in the same universe.

Also all your MAFs will be the same configuration so don't worry about that.

#5 ·
Okay. Cause I ordered the 70mm throttle body and the 76 mm maf. With the BBk cai. . Will the 76mm and 70 mm throttle body work with that or am I going to need adapters for the air tubing?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
They work but the bbk cai sucks at least in my experience. The tubing is way too narrow between the maf and the tb.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
Thanks scotty! so im assuming the short pipe from the maf to the throttle body is bad? it seems as long as it fits with the maf sensor not rubbing on anything or in danger of getting broke then it should be fine. Not being sarcastic im just trying to figure out, its a good point of view on it being short.. im just wondering why its a bad thing.

#8 ·
Its not too short its too damn narrow and it corrodes too easy too. Honestly I don't like BBK as a company. They are a step up from the cheap ebay stuff but that isn't saying much. Everything you want to know about them as a company you can get from their 2V longtube design. Kink the primaries so the steering shaft can get by vs doing it properly. Busch league...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.