Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mustang Block # Help.

935 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm in the process of buying everything to do kind of a budget build.
I have GT40 Heads & Intake w/ E303 Cam & a bunch of other new parts. I'm trying to buy an 87 - 92 Short Block but every time I find the Block or Motor on Craigslist that's advertised as a MUSTANG block the 1st 4 Digits always go something like : E8TE which according to the book I got it would be a Truck Engine. I've went to look at 4 Motors & they all had a "T" as the 3rd Digit. The people all say that they are Mustang Motors. According to my book the 3rd Digit should be a "Z" for Mustang. So.... I'm either not understanding what I've read or I'm trying to buy motors from a bunch of liars. Which Is It?
Can someone please clarify if a Mustang Block has a "T" or a "Z" as the 3rd Digit?
Sure would make things easier if it is a "T"
Thanks !!! Dale

#2 ·
A 302 roller block is a 302 roller block, they are all identical. If you are seeing E7TE that is the casting number on all Mustang GT heads from 87-95. They probably are Mustang motors you are seeing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.