Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mufflers

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  DigitalChaos 
#1 ·
I have a 1989 Mustang convertible with e303 cam and fixed up heads but I also need a new pipe comeing from the headers to the rear end and I also have flowmasters super 10s I have a h pipe but has multiple holes in it and im going to get it replaced soo what do you guys think I should do to like what should I tell the guy to install?

galaxy s4

#7 ·
Good cats suck up little to no power and keep the popo happy. Honestly ppl do OR pipes now for the sound and that's pretty much it. There is such a thing as too loud also especially if you live in a neighborhood. Some ppl work off shifts you know.

#9 ·
I don't get a lot of complaints from my neighbors about noise. But It does get a little loud around 2500 RPM inside. I've got spray in noise dampener and two layers of insulation in the back and it does little to quiet it down inside. Currently running flowmasters but considering changing out to something that is maybe a little quieter and has a better tone... I think I need to swap out the stock headers first though lol

#11 ·
X or H is whatever your sound preference is. X is more raspy than an H. Ppl will try to tell you one is better than the other, its a pointless argument. If there is a power difference, its so minimal as not to be worth it.

I personally hate Flowmasters, if you've ever driven an extended time with them on the highway and an OR pipe or a pipe with high-flow cats you'll understand. The drone is so bad its not even funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.