Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need help quick, won't turn over properly.

949 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  5.oh 
#1 ·
I own a 1985 5.0 Gt mustang. Manual. The guy before me had had the battery in the back and always made a humming sound so I left it that way. Battery went quite, and so I charged it and didn't work. So I bought a brand new one, and now it doesn't make the sound, but it turned over twice. Only last for half a minute though.And it was working perfectly fine before winter and during half the winter I started it and it worked fine. Now that it is spring, it won't work. So my question is it a bad connection, maybe corrosion *i don't see any*, or is it a bad solenoid? Or anything else? Any help would be appreciated.

#7 ·
A better way to do it would be take a long screwdriver, stick it on the back of the starter and manually jump it between the positive terminal and the ground. When it sparks a little and don't do anything you know the starter is trashed. If it turns but don't engage on the flywheel... well you get the idea.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.