Body panels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Body panels

So I have the gt body panels on my car. Don't really like the bulkiness of it. Going to switch back to the lx. What all do I need besides the bumpers? Cause the gt side skirts just come off and then the two front bumpers rite?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I ment the two bumpers.

5.oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Curiosity what do you mean by going to switch back to LX .. was the car an LX before?

To answer your question it's not simple as just swapping the bumper.
When you remove the ground effect from the GT you will find that there is a thin metal bracket riveted to the front fender with 3 rivets just in front of the door opening, you'll find another thin metal bracket at the bottom of the door rocker panel that is riveted in about 12 places, and there is a small thin bracket that holds ground effect in front f the rear tire that has 3 rivets holding it in place and then you have 2 big holes for the front ground effect...... and none of these holes are covered by the LX trim which means that either you weld them and paint or ride around with the holes showing.
ALMOST STOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well with th vin that I looked up its an lx. And holy crap. I've had on of the panels pop off doing a driveway burnout one day. It was held on by screws.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

It had two screws in the back and two in the bottom like under the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I guess I'd have to weld em then use a sand wheel and smooth em.out for painting. What the hell!! Thanks alot almost, or should I day 'diagram man' hah

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT