What could be wrong - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
What could be wrong

Ok guys let's see who can solve this mystery...
Finally got my 91 mustang gt running and on the road, sounded great ran great until ran for over an hour or so, started skipping losing power and making a strange noise from valve cover and loading up with fuel, wouldn't run with fuel pump on.
Got it home took valve covers off and had a couple loose rockers but they were non adjustable talked to a buddy of mine and he said they were the wrong heads and that I needed roller rockers, and gave me a set of Windsor jr heads.
I got them all hooked up new gaskets and adjusted the valves. Only thing other than heads that are different is the upper intake put the one that came on it back on, got it all done fired it up and it runs like a bag of crap like the firing is messed up backfiring, and almost like it's not running on all cylinders????
I have changed the plug wires thinking they were bad and reset the the tdc and distributer definitely not 180 out and still using the same Windsor firing order my fuel pressure is 39psi.
I'm lost right now not sure what to do or what is wrong. Is there any way the intake could cause this? I ask because this is how it ran when I got it but have since rebuilt it and it ran great with the other intake I just don't see what could be wrong with it to cause it
Any info advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated thanks
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
No ideas??????
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT