5.0 with glasspacks? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

5.0 with glasspacks?

I decided im going with glasspacks and a o/r x pipe but has anyone here ran them on a 5.0? I heard a couple youtube videos and it sounded good but i want to make sure they are louder than flows.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I just did that swap a couple of weeks ago. I used just 2-Hi Flow Cats instead of 4 with an X-Pipe & Cherry Bomb Glass Packs. Also changed all the pipe to 2-1/2". Sounds Real Good.
Definitely louder than Flow Masters. I don't like the sound of Flow Masters. Sounds like a Garbage Disposal to me. I like that Loud Rumble you use to hear on the 70's Hot Rods much better....but mines not that loud either...but louder than Flow's. Everyone says it sounds nice & mean.
I'm having a Motor built now. Can't wait to hear it with the E303 Cam & GT40 Heads & Intake +++ All the Bolt On's. Also Changed out all the internals. Using 88 Mustang Pistons & Rods since TRW Forged Pistons came stock in that motor...87-92's have them. Using all of that in a 95 Block.
Heads are completely re-done with 1.6 Roller Rockers, Dual Coil Valve Springs, etc.
Using GT40 Heads can get expensive as I'm finding out the Hard way.
If you want to know more about the heads I posted a GT40 Heads thing yesterday that will give you details on it & what you're looking at cost wise.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I just did that swap a couple of weeks ago. I used just 2-Hi Flow Cats instead of 4 with an X-Pipe & Cherry Bomb Glass Packs. Also changed all the pipe to 2-1/2". Sounds Real Good.
Definitely louder than Flow Masters. I don't like the sound of Flow Masters. Sounds like a Garbage Disposal to me. I like that Loud Rumble you use to hear on the 70's Hot Rods much better....but mines not that loud either...but louder than Flow's. Everyone says it sounds nice & mean.
I'm having a Motor built now. Can't wait to hear it with the E303 Cam & GT40 Heads & Intake +++ All the Bolt On's. Also Changed out all the internals. Using 88 Mustang Pistons & Rods since TRW Forged Pistons came stock in that motor...87-92's have them. Using all of that in a 95 Block.
Heads are completely re-done with 1.6 Roller Rockers, Dual Coil Valve Springs, etc.
If you want to know more about the heads I posted a GT40 Heads thing yesterday that will give you details on it & what you're looking at cost wise.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Sounds badass. I got some flowmasters on mine with stock headers h pipe and cats and its to quiet. I want it obnoxious loud with no cats but What size glasspacks did you put on? Im thinking 12 inch packs for mine. You should post a video of what she sounds like on here sometime.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I believe they were 16" or 18".
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT