95 GT Must Go Faster - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
What will blow it up? The nitrous? It depends? On how much you run and what the motor is like now. Might need a rebuild first
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #37

Region: Alabama
Yeah I was referring to the nitrous. It's kinda disappointing to know that my car is that slow. I've always thought Mustangs were the ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Phizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Mustangs are bad *** man, don't let people get you done. Like it for what it is, is it the fastest car on the street no. I personally love the styling and heritage behind the mustang.
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Nitrous Nitrous.
Spray that baby

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bottles are for babies. Real men get blown. Obviously, my vote is for a supercharger, if you ever decide to use a power adder. And 3.73's are plenty of gear. If you want to continue with the 4x4 theme Ford started with the Mustang suspension, then sure, get 4.10's... might as well put some mud terrain tires on it, too.

The Mustang, particularly the five-oh, isn't going to stomp an LT1 F-body without some serious work. Improve your driving skills. Learn to handle your car. And get the power it already has to the road.

Stiffer lowering springs, good staggered street tires, sway bars set up for neutral steering, and 3.73 rear gears. If you want to go a step further with your suspension, or if your bushings need replaced, get poly bushings all the way around. You don't need camber plates. Any half way competent suspension shop can drill the factory plates to correct the suspension geometry of the 2" lowering springs.

After you get the dyno tune and the rear gears. Just drive your car, a lot. Take it to the track and/or autocross it. Learn it inside and out. Then decide what you need to improve. Adding a bunch of power right off the bat is going to do nothing for you if you can't effectively deliver the torque to the ground. And it doesn't matter how fast your car is if you can't steer it.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
[QUOTE=DavidBoren;2054903]Bottles are for babies. Real men get blown.

Pshhhhhhh,

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
[QUOTE=Rapinator126;2054915]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Bottles are for babies. Real men get blown.

Pshhhhhhh,

One day I'll have a bottle while getting blown

badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Getting a good dyno tune will unlock the power that is already there, plus it will help the engine to better utilize any future mods. The gears will help get that power to the ground in a more effective manner, and will help with accelerating. Your best bet for adding power would probably be a centrifugal supercharger. All things considered, you can leave your engine/heads/intake/cam all completely stock and shove 8psi into it with a Vortech with nothing more than a couple fuel system upgrades and a tune. That is power you never have to refill, and a second hand Vortech system is cheaper than buying new heads/intake/cam.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Getting a good dyno tune will unlock the power that is already there, plus it will help the engine to better utilize any future mods. The gears will help get that power to the ground in a more effective manner, and will help with accelerating. Your best bet for adding power would probably be a centrifugal supercharger. All things considered, you can leave your engine/heads/intake/cam all completely stock and shove 8psi into it with a Vortech with nothing more than a couple fuel system upgrades and a tune. That is power you never have to refill, and a second hand Vortech system is cheaper than buying new heads/intake/cam.

This is true I agree with you but nothing beats putting the work in and gathering the parts like I am doing now.... Although I do need to get ahold of tom performance to get a dyno tune done for what I have done

badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, believe me, I am a die-hard proponent of all engine builds. Then, if you still want more, you install power adders once you have reached the apex of how far the engine will go on its own might. But that is not feasible in today's economy. People want bang for the buck... not do it right or enjoy the process. These days people don't seem to have the interest or patience to invest in an all motor build. On limited budgets, everyone just fast-forwards to the money shot and slaps on the supercharger first thing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT