Interior, - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Interior,

Hey guys, I have a 90 fox and am missing all the rear interior. I have skowered local bone yards in hopes of finding some good stuff to no avail. I have looked online but all I'm finding is some absolute garbage door panels. Do any of you know of any place I can aquire the stuff I am missing? My car is black interior. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Colorado Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Craigslist, E-Bay, and other auction type websites. Some junkyards advertise online too, some close to you, and some not so close to ya. But they are around, just have to be patient. And remember that these cars are 30 yrs old, so you are not going to find mint pieces, and if you do, you are going to pay a pretty penny for them. So some of the parts if not all are going to require you to do some clean-up, repaint or what not to get them to your liking. The sun and other factors take their toll on plastics.

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I am full aware of the wear these peices are gonna have. Thanks for the responce. I was looking to see if there is any specific websites I just havent been able to find. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Look on americanmuscle.com also latemodlerestoration.com

galaxy s4
kyle_rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Cjponyparts.com too but I've always ordered off americanmuscle and latemodelrestoration

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Foxbody91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I've looked there as well. Mostly front interior. I will be ordering from them in the future, some really awesome looking interior being for sure.

I did find a rear seat in decent shape but I have to drive to NM for it. Oh well, a reason to get out of the house.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you're talking about the rear 1/4 panels then they are big pieces that are expensive to ship. Best bet is craigslist and all the mustang forums. I'd look at the corral, stangnet, modded mustangs, modularfords and others to see if you can find what you are looking for. Black in good shape is a premium price but you can always get anything in good shape and dye it. The correct dye is SEM Landau Black and matches the Fox and 94-98 black interiors perfectly.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

That's exactly what I'm after, thanks scotty

Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Just buy the cheapest and paint them your self, getting the parts ready to paint takes the longest than actually painting them. So read up on painting interior parts and do it your self

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
racks2relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by racks2relax View Post
Just buy the cheapest and paint them your self, getting the parts ready to paint takes the longest than actually painting them. So read up on painting interior parts and do it your self

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This is truth, getting all that old armor all or whatever other crap ppl used on the panels is the trick. Ajax the **** out of it in a tub 2 or 3 times, hit it with mineral spirits and then Ajax again. Then let air dry and wipe it down with a lint free cloth. Then you go over it again with SEM vinyl cleaner/prep spray and finally hit it with the dye. Beware the dyes on LRS (latemodel restoration) they don't match. I just research on forums which dye is the right color and I already gave out the correct black for anything up to a 98 a few posts up. The actual spraying is quick, 1 coat every 15-20 minutes and layer it on good. Like 4 or 5 coats. Then clear if you want.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I found some from an 87 I believe it was but they have the speaker in the rear instead of in the passenger seat side. I'm not sure I want to go with those or not. I think they would fit even though the 87 had loovers on the rear side window and I don't. Not sure. What do you all think?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

The interiors are 87-89 and 90-93 specific. They are close but I would try to get one from one of the later foxes if you have a 90. The 90 is the bastard year, you lose the tilt steering and get the fug airbag but you don't get the 91-93 wider front wheel wells.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well damn scotty, you know your shiz,. You know I had to go look, I thought I had tilt. Lmao. So how much wider is the front well? I have the 5 lug conversion with the torque thrust wheels. There are no spacers. Is it a big issue?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you have an airbag, you don't have tilt. Retrofitting a 87-89 column is easy but then you have to go get rid of all the screaming **** that goes crazy when it can't detect the airbag anymore.

The front wheel well is not wider side to side, there is more room between the front and back of the tires and the fender. Get on google images and just look up 1991 or 2 or 3 fox Mustang and compare it to a 90 or below.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I see, so it's only a tire height issue then?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

So I'm off for my 800 mile trek for my new rear seats. I will post some pics when I get them.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

**** that you'd spend less money having them shipped vs gas on an 800 mile trip.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

ok, need a little help. Being that I didnt remove the interior and have never removed any fox interior untill yesterday at the bone yard from a 87ish fox. I need a little help. I have found that the 90+ rear seat uses a (for lack of better explaination) 2 sway bars or frame strengtheners to mount the bottom part. This is a bolt on/ removable part. I have found those in the bone yard but they are from a convertable so the seat back isnt even close to what I have. It appears on mine that the is yet another bracket missing. particularly the side bracket that allows the seat to swivel and fold down. I have the mount plate that is on the back of the seat but surely that isnt all. If anyone has a pic or better info on this I would be forever in your debt.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I found some quarter rears and some new seats. Now Im looking at doing the weather stripping. I think this is what Im after. Mustang Weatherstrip Kit Basic Hatchback 1979-1993

Does anyone know if this is good stuff or is it a one size fits all type thing? I also heard to ask for a promo code. Is this true? Thanks again for all the help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT