Fixing my 88 mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
Region: Illinois
Fixing my 88 mustang

A Couple years ago a tornado hit are town and our barn fell on my 88 Mustang. The back window is shattered and the top is bent so you can't even open the drivers door. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it. My current idea is to find just a body for sale and cut off the top half of the car and weld it on my car. Any other ideas or any body's for sale that you know of would help. Pictures to come soon

Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Sounds like to much work I would just buy another 88 and swap everything

instagram @5.0_rivas

kyle_rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Other
cutting the top off another donor is not a bad idea. Just have to be careful in your measuring and measure twice, or hell 3 times before you cut. Like they always say, measure twice, cut once. But if you had a donor car to begin with, and was in good shape, You may just want to swap the bodies. But, going the body swap would be more work than cutting 4 corners and welding. It is just going the top swap method is a precise job, and no room for error. If you are talented in that type of work, by all means cut and swap the top, replace the rear window and winshield if that too is needed and go about your business in your freshly resurrected stang. Start a build thread with this so that some can watch and learn from your experience on whatever route you take.

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: California
Unless this car has EXTREME sentimental value to you, it's probably not worth fixing.

Like Grumpy said, it can be done. With enough time and money, anything can be done.
A 88 Mustang isn't a rare car and you would spend a ton of time and a bunch of money to restore a car that you could easily replace with a nice example that doesn't have a "welded on" roof.
Unless this car happens to be a Notchback SSP, you're just throwing good money after bad, IMO.

The barn on the other hand... Now that is worth rebuilding!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT