Help with GT40 Intake - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
If I had a house with a Garage I'd take a nice long break from it. But I rent a storage Unit @ $75 per month to build this. It's been close to a year since I started the build & when you factor in the cost of the Storage on top of parts it becomes not worth it if you can't get it done in 6 months. However....I'm going to see if my Stepson has room to store it for a while till I feel like messing with it again. I don't really want to give up on the motor end of things. It's the car itself. I can always put the motor in a better car when it's done.

If u can store it somewhere for free its nice , otherwise its ur decision ! To me its a long time passion ( the foxbody ) i greew up seeing those stang around and always promess to my self i will buy one someday ! And that day came ! I am very happy with my car and even sometimes i sit next to it with a cold one just look a it lol ! So the money i spend for it its not a probleme because i know if i sell it i wont get my money back ( all ready at 11000 $ cad on it my wife dont get it haha but she respect it tho i ve got a nice wife )
Anyway my point its for me its a long term commitment and i dont know future but want to keep it till i died lol
Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Frenchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchstang View Post
Now these days we have the chance to have a forum with these guys to help ! Which i am sure they did not !!!

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that this is a typo, and not a direct hit to those of us that help and continue to give help to all stang owners.

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I mean 20 years ago or even 10 these forums did not exist so now for us is easier to get great infos !

I did not mean anything wrong i am not like that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I think these guys are doing the best they can to help. It's not always easy to determine what the problem is without being right there at the engine. Grumpy GT hit the nail on the head when he said "The Throttle Body Elbow didn't look right." So I started researching & he was right. There are at least 5 people on here that I feel give good advice. They're the ones I wait for replies from...but sometimes I get impatient & just order the parts. All in all...They've been a big help along the way.
Anyways Frenchstang...wish I had an understanding wife like you. All I hear is "I should of done this or I should have done that instead of putting money into the car.
Nag, Nag, Nag !!!
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've found from my years on car forums, 80-90% of people who post are information recyclers. Easy way to tell is to post a thread about getting an auto and see who jumps in saying autos are slow chick cars. Any of them are ppl who have never driven anything legit fast or been to a 1/4 track. Go from there.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
In a way I'd rather see a chick drive an auto over a stick. I'd hate to have them doing their make-up, hair, etc... & shifting gears too. Not saying all chicks do this...but there are a lot.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

I once saw a man reading a newspaper while driving, like up on the wheel. Its more stupid ppl than being a man or woman IMO. There are a few women at my work who are bigger car enthusiasts than most "car guys" I've met and one has a 2010 GT. I always go "hey nice Coyote" and she gets pissed off lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I once saw a man reading a newspaper while driving, like up on the wheel. Its more stupid ppl than being a man or woman IMO. There are a few women at my work who are bigger car enthusiasts than most "car guys" I've met and one has a 2010 GT. I always go "hey nice Coyote" and she gets pissed off lol.

Hey scotty ! Just a question for my knowledge , i have a f150 2012 with 5.0 , is this engine is a coyote too ? I have seen in my junk yard 2 of them completly destroyed but engine is still there ! Tks

Dany

Old 09-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Hey scotty ! Just a question for my knowledge , i have a f150 2012 with 5.0 , is this engine is a coyote too ? I have seen in my junk yard 2 of them completly destroyed but engine is still there ! Tks

Dany

The F150 5.0 engine was rated at 360 hp and the Mustang GT was rated at 416hp.

F150 intake camshafts with less duration, cast iron exhaust manifolds, and revised cylinder heads and intake manifold intended to promote low-end and mid-range power and torque, also has a 10.5:1 compression ratio also for lower speed and towing, additional external oil cooler, forged steel crankshaft, basically a detuning to deliver more torque than HP for the towing aspect.

But, still a hell of a engine to swap in a fox or new edge stang. With a few modifications and a tune, and you are up there toward 400hp. Not to mention a F150 5.0 is usually a bit cheaper to get vs a coyote 5.0!

2015 Race Red Performance Package GT 5.0 (435hp) stock
Still in the making Updates coming soon!
99_GRUMPY_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Tks for the info ! I think i ll stop by just to know how much is it ! Lol

Old 09-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
OK, I have a 96 Explorer Upper & Lower Intake I'm trying to install on a motor I'm Building. I'm having some issues making it fit. My car is a 94 GT 5.0 that this motor will be going in. The Block is from a 95. The Heads are GT40 (3-Bar) from the same Explorer. The Motors Cammed & the Heads are Built.
Anyways, The Throttle Body Adapter bottoms out on the Valve Covers before the holes line up. (See 1st 2-pics)
Even if it would bolt up...the Throttle Body or CAI would run straight into the oil fill spout on the valve covers.
*** I'm going to do this in parts so there's no confusion.***
I would either A order a tb spacer that fits. Or B make a tb spacer out of my old tb
Tasteslikeink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Dany

A F150 is a Coyote yes. Its a half point lower in compression at 10.5:1, has truck intake cams and a truck intake. If you buy one in good running order, swap in GT intake cams ($125 each new from Ford) and toss a GT intake (or a Boss or CJ) onto it you've basically got a Mustang GT engine.

Or find one that lost #8 and is going for $1k (I found one just like this in Texas), install a Boss rotating assembly, GT intake/Boss exhaust cams, Boss rotating assembly, Boss intake and get the heads cleaned up/new springs and you can probably do all that for around $4k and have what amounts to a Boss engine with GT heads.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A F150 is a Coyote yes. Its a half point lower in compression at 10.5:1, has truck intake cams and a truck intake. If you buy one in good running order, swap in GT intake cams ($125 each new from Ford) and toss a GT intake (or a Boss or CJ) onto it you've basically got a Mustang GT engine.

Or find one that lost #8 and is going for $1k (I found one just like this in Texas), install a Boss rotating assembly, GT intake/Boss exhaust cams, Boss rotating assembly, Boss intake and get the heads cleaned up/new springs and you can probably do all that for around $4k and have what amounts to a Boss engine with GT heads.

Tomorrow i am going out there for a price for that engine ! I will keep in touch and tell u how much it is ! Probably gonna need a new tranny tho ! Ouch !!!!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #49
Staff
Regular
Staff

Anything that fits a modular will fit a Coyote, this includes T-5s since you can use a Quicktime bell. Although a T-5 would last about 3 seconds behind a Coyote unless it as an Astro A5.

Most economical/simple for a Coyote if a fox is probably going to be a basic rebuilt t45 from The T45 Source - Proven, reliable T45 Transmissions They'll hold 500hp as a basic rebuild, shift damn near as smooth as a T-5 and won't break the bank.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Anything that fits a modular will fit a Coyote, this includes T-5s since you can use a Quicktime bell. Although a T-5 would last about 3 seconds behind a Coyote unless it as an Astro A5.

Most economical/simple for a Coyote if a fox is probably going to be a basic rebuilt t45 from The T45 Source - Proven, reliable T45 Transmissions They'll hold 500hp as a basic rebuild, shift damn near as smooth as a T-5 and won't break the bank.

I dont plan to go on strip or track ! I dont have ur experience , but i put a new tranny t5z last spring so my question is : without sticky tires and no going on the track , would my tranny would work for a while , a mean the tranny would nt get the hit ! The tire will , by spinning ? One engine is allready sold the other is 3700 $ with 72000 km / around 40000 miles !

Dany

Old 09-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've seen them for under $3k shipped, you just have to look.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well with T5's they are not really such a bad bunch. They do like regular oil changes and are not finicky with oil types as long as it is clean.

Now if you don't shock it with hard drag launches on DR or slicks they should last a while. I had a 5.0 back in the day and it loved nitrous and I lived with a 150 for 2 years. That T5 never failed till I started hitting the track and started racing at night from a dig. After that it went down hill fast.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT