GT40 Intake Lines - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
GT40 Intake Lines

Hi All !!!
Trying to get this GT40 / Explorer Intake hooked up so I can install it. Not sure which lines go where & which lines get capped off. None of the Diagrams / Pics of other GT40 Intakes match my intake identically. I'll post a pic of mine 1st.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

My Intake...Lines are different.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Diagram #1...More Lines then on my intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Image #2

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

So how do I hook mine up ???
Old 10-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

From what I see in Diagram #1...It looks like the Skinny Line on the back of my Intake has to have a Small Hose with a T-Fitting & one side will go to the PCV Valve & the other side will go to
Brass Fitting that the Black Hose is hooked to on my Intake....Is this Correct ???
The Fatter Line I guess goes to some Vacuum Tree on the Firewall...Not sure where that's located yet. ...Is this Correct ???
Now the part I'm confused about are the 2 Skinny Lines that come off the Fat Line...one says to EGR System & the other says to Fuel Pressure Regulator.
I don't have these lines on my Intake. So do I need to put a T-Fitting on that line to make things work ???
Let me know guys & Thanks for the help.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

This is how I see the Lines going to the PCV.
The Fat Line on my Intake goes to the Vacuum Tree.
So...where does my EGR Line & Fuel Pressure Regulator Hook Up ??? I have no more lines on this side. There are 2 Lines on the other side. What do I do with those 2 Lines ???
Old 10-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I saved this but forgot to save the site I got this from.
This is how one person said they hooked up there vacuum lines.
The hose in the upper left goes to the charcoal canister. The small hose on the upper right routes under the manifold and goes to the TAB/TAD solenoids. The large hose goes to the T tapped into the rear of the plenum.
Now at the back of the manifold you have 2 vacuum pipes that stick out of the back. One is a small one that turns towards the passenger side of the car . I used that for the fuel pressure regulator. The large pipe that turns towards the driver's side of the car I routed to the "S" port on the plastic vacuum manifold that is mounted to the firewall. It's the same vacuum manifold that the power brake booster is attached to.
ALMOST STOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

2 Questions...What is a "MAP Sensor" or a "Bap Sensor" ?
What is a TAB/TAD Solenoid?
In the 3rd picture down... The Big Line that says "S on Vacuum Block" & has the 2 Small Lines for Fuel Pressure Regulator & EGR System.
When I was at the Junk yard today I took that piece off a Manifold. I was wondering if I should Drill & Tap it in my Manifold ??? It was $5 so No Big Deal if I bought it for nothing.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
2 Questions...What is a "MAP Sensor" or a "Bap Sensor" ?
What is a TAB/TAD Solenoid?
In the 3rd picture down... The Big Line that says "S on Vacuum Block" & has the 2 Small Lines for Fuel Pressure Regulator & EGR System.
When I was at the Junk yard today I took that piece off a Manifold. I was wondering if I should Drill & Tap it in my Manifold ??? It was $5 so No Big Deal if I bought it for nothing.

MAP and BAP sensors are the exact same part, the only difference is whether the port is attached to vacuum line or left open to atmosphere. MAP uses vacuum .. BAP does not.

The TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter) and TAB (Thermactor Air By-pass) are the solenoids that typically are on the backside of the passenger side strut tower on a Foxbody. I say typically because they can be move to a different location.

If you took this pieces off ( see attached) you can drill and attach it to your Explorer and solve a lot of the vacuum lines issues you've asked.
about.

With that being said I did a little more searching on different Mustang forums today about the vacuum routing on an Explore upper intake and I came across this which I believe answers your question.
Quote:
For the rear facing vacuum lines, I remove the Explorer's fitting and install the stock Mustang H.O. upper vacuum tree. To do this, you must drill the hole on a slight downward angle (as intake would sit when installed on car), tap it 3/8"NPT and install the Mustang vacuum tree. Note the orientation of the fittings when removing it from the stock upper. It then makes the upper a DIRECT swap.
ALMOST STOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'm glad I grabbed it then. I was looking at the Receipt & it was only $3.50 & I have a Drill & Tap & Die Set so it looks like this is the best route. Glad you found that little write up...Sure Helps. Thx !!!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #11

I have a question? I put the GT40P heads and headers on my 90 fox and have 24lb injectors and I now have a rich condition and getting backfiring when shifting from 1-2gear and can't figure out how to correct this problem? Any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2fastfoxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Did you get a Tune for it ? Not sure but maybe if you installed an adjustable Fuel Regulator you could adjust the fuel pressure. Are you sure you don't have a hairline crack in your distributor cap or a Spark Plug that's cracked or damaged ? Those 2 things are usually the 1st thing I'll check when back firing. But if it's only doing it between 1st & 2nd...it's probably not the problem. I'm really thinking it needs a Tune.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #13

It don't have a chip for tuning I tune it myself usually pretty good at it but I take the power out of the car it stops backfiring put the power slowly back an it comes back I'm lost on this one.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

You see the guy in this post named "Almost Stock" ? I'd Private Message him & I'm pretty sure he'll know what to do. He's found answers for me every time !!!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #15

Thanks bro.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

no problem...anytime

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT