Fuel injectors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Fuel injectors

So tomorrow I am going to install my fuel injectors #24 and I was wondering if it is going to be easy as just unbolting the manifold and taking off the fuel rails and just simply plug them in or do I have to take everything out thanks.

instagram @5.0_rivas
kyle_rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_rivas View Post
So tomorrow I am going to install my fuel injectors #24 and I was wondering if it is going to be easy as just unbolting the manifold and taking off the fuel rails and just simply plug them in or do I have to take everything out thanks.

instagram @5.0_rivas
Disconnect battery, harness for the iacv, egr position sensor, and maf sensor if you have one. Remove airbox from throttle body, removed throttle body cable from throttle body and the bracket as well via 2 bolts. Carefully remove the vacuum lines from the egr valve, throttle body and the breather lines from the throttle body by loosening the small clamps. Then unbolt the 6 throttle body bolts, two in the rear two under the "5.0" plate and two in the front. Carefully lift the throttle body up and out of the way looking to free any vacuum or electrical lines. After that depressurize the fuel system. There's a little valve that sticks out kf the fuel rail by the alternator. It kind of looks like an a/c port. After the pressure is released just remove the two bolts that hold down the fuel rail, pull the electrical connectors gently from each injector and gently pull and work the fuel rail until the injectors come out from the lower intake plenum. Just gently pull the injectors out of the fuel rails. Make sure the new injectors have new o rings if they don't already and lube the o rings with either fuel or a silicone based grease. I honestly use "permatex dielectric grease" it's clear and easy. I wouldn't recommend using vasoline because it doesn't really dry. Install the injectors in the fuel rail first and then all together into the plenum(easier this way). Same thing for the other side. To put it all back its just the opposite of the removal.
antnvlz1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you so much sir

instagram @5.0_rivas
kyle_rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_rivas View Post
Thank you so much sir

instagram @5.0_rivas
No problem good luck
antnvlz1294 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT