Pypes M-80 mufflers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Pypes M-80 mufflers?

I'm looking at a set of pypes m-80 muffler, primarily because there cheep, but there is no videos or anyone who really says if they sound good, drone and all the for the 5.0s. I do like the flowmaster but they are hard on the wallets especially for a student, I've always like the sound of a straight through muffler compared to a chambered muffler as well. So what's your opinion?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
phatspeed7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pengilly
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanadaman1 View Post
I'm looking at a set of pypes m-80 muffler, primarily because there cheep, but there is no videos or anyone who really says if they sound good, drone and all the for the 5.0s. I do like the flowmaster but they are hard on the wallets especially for a student, I've always like the sound of a straight through muffler compared to a chambered muffler as well. So what's your opinion?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Hello there, and welcome to Mustang Evolution. I personally have the Pypes M80 race mufflers on my 2004 Mustang GT. Now I know it's not a 5.0L motor, but I do love the sound that I get from these mufflers. I've added a video of what my car sounds like. If you can drive it nice, and keep the motor under 2000rpm the car can slip under the radar in most cases. Anything above 2500rpm is full on race car! Sounds wicked! I'm also running a full 2.5" system with Pypes off-road H pipe, and stock tips.



If your looking for a economy straight through Stainless steel muffler you can't go wrong with the Pypes M80. I got mine from American Muscle.
__________________
~2004 GT with Bolt ons~
phatspeed7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
Dynomax Ultraflows are way better and $60 each.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
GT1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pleasanton
Region: California
Posts: 61
Who needs mufflers


This car is a pain in my ***
__________________
GT40P Heads, GT40 Intake Manifold, 70mm TB, Cold Air, 24lb injectors, SCT Tuned, need more speeeeed
GT1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1995 View Post
Who needs mufflers


This car is a pain in my ***

Me hah, car is due for inspection and has no cats so it would sound like junk with straights


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Get some 40 series flowmasters and call it a day.


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Dynomax Ultraflows are way better and $60 each.
I'm from canada and i can't find any good prices on them, I can get pypes m80s for 40 a piece


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatspeed7x View Post
Hello there, and welcome to Mustang Evolution. I personally have the Pypes M80 race mufflers on my 2004 Mustang GT. Now I know it's not a 5.0L motor, but I do love the sound that I get from these mufflers. I've added a video of what my car sounds like. If you can drive it nice, and keep the motor under 2000rpm the car can slip under the radar in most cases. Anything above 2500rpm is full on race car! Sounds wicked! I'm also running a full 2.5" system with Pypes off-road H pipe, and stock tips.







If your looking for a economy straight through Stainless steel muffler you can't go wrong with the Pypes M80. I got mine from American Muscle.

Thanks! I know the 5.0 sounds completely different than the 4.6 but for highway I run about 1600-1800rpm so it's good to know the hopefully won't drone to much


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:39 AM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Get some 40 series flowmasters and call it a day.


Adventure till you drop

Flowmaster doesn't sound good and doesn't flow we'll in my opinion sorry


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Pypes M-80 mufflers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanadaman1 View Post
I do like the flowmaster

Then why did you say that in your first post?


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
phatspeed7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pengilly
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanadaman1 View Post
Thanks! I know the 5.0 sounds completely different than the 4.6 but for highway I run about 1600-1800rpm so it's good to know the hopefully won't drone to much


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You should be happy with them. I love mine. People keep asking me what kinda mufflers I got on my Mustang. They are surprised when I tell them. Not very many people have heard of pypes.
__________________
~2004 GT with Bolt ons~
phatspeed7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Then why did you say that in your first post?


Adventure till you drop

I sorta have a love hate thing goin fer flowmaster, I've only heard a very few flowmaster systems that sound good most of them sound really raspy I find


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Pypes M-80 mufflers?

Hm interesting. That's completely opposite for me rarely do I hear a raspy genuine flowmaster system. Now, pypes I've only heard a few that weren't raspy.


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:01 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Flowmasters need a bit of rasp in my opinion. At least on my car they did, it sounded like a truck.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanadaman1 View Post
Flowmaster doesn't sound good and doesn't flow we'll in my opinion sorry


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sound I agree, they are raspy and don't sound the best at WOT and they drone. But you kind of can't have an opinion on flow numbers. They are what they are. Flowmasters flow just as well as any other chambered muffler. All the catbacks are within a few HP of each other anyway, the chambered mufflers become a semi-issue when you are getting up into the 500+hp range and even then...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:44 AM   #16
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Hm interesting. That's completely opposite for me rarely do I hear a raspy genuine flowmaster system. Now, pypes I've only heard a few that weren't raspy.


Adventure till you drop

I find a lot of flowmaster mufflers sound like somebody hitting a peice of tin, but a straight through cherry bomb style muffler always seems to give a deep rumble


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 AM   #17
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Sound I agree, they are raspy and don't sound the best at WOT and they drone. But you kind of can't have an opinion on flow numbers. They are what they are. Flowmasters flow just as well as any other chambered muffler. All the catbacks are within a few HP of each other anyway, the chambered mufflers become a semi-issue when you are getting up into the 500+hp range and even then...

True I guess, a lot of people have trouble with there larger mufflers apparently with them robbing horsepower and fuel mileage, it wouldn't matter on my car cause it is mostly stock


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Pypes M-80 mufflers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanadaman1 View Post
I find a lot of flowmaster mufflers sound like somebody hitting a peice of tin, but a straight through cherry bomb style muffler always seems to give a deep rumble


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I completely disagree with that but do whatever you want with your car.
Which as you stated earlier you've only heard a few. I've heard every flowmaster, from race only flowmasters up to the 80 series. And I can assure they have some of the deepest sound mufflers out there. It depends mostly on the mid pipe, since an x pipe can make any muffler system sound raspy.

Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
It is all a matter of opinion as one person likes the sound of something and another thinks it sounds terrible.
Now in regards to the power, I am pretty sure you will not notice the 1 or 2 horses you might find missing from your set up.
I would scour craigslist as I am sure you will be able to get something on the cheap. I just sold some Flowmaster 10's with modified flow tubes for $70. You got to be patient as there are plenty of deals out there.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #20
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I completely disagree with that but do whatever you want with your car.
Which as you stated earlier you've only heard a few. I've heard every flowmaster, from race only flowmasters up to the 80 series. And I can assure they have some of the deepest sound mufflers out there. It depends mostly on the mid pipe, since an x pipe can make any muffler system sound raspy.

Adventure till you drop

Only deep sounding flowmaster I've heard was a super 10 on my buddies 4.3 blazer and the only good sounding one I heard was a super 10 on a 2014 ram, my cousin has a fox which came with cherry bombs, sounded good, put 40 series on it n it was higher pitched and cracked, after awhile he put a set of straight through magnaflows on n it's the best setup he's had


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ohcanadaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:24 AM   #21
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Pypes M-80 mufflers?

So three cars and two systems you've heard and that's it? Ah, no, listen to more systems then come back to me on it. 3 isn't enough to make a assumption of the entire muffler line up. If you want there's strait through flowmasters called outlaws. So strait through magnaflows, which ones?
I'm not trying to insult you, just letting you know.

Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
robb15033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2,109
Spintech 9000 Series: Very Loud

BORLA MultiTube $$$

Stainless Works:

Stainless Works Mounted:
__________________
'97 3.8L V6
Pacific Green
1996 SVT Cobra White
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pypes street pro mufflers davidcseifert Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 08-13-2013 05:38 PM
Pypes OffRoad H Pipe + Pypes Muffler Deletes!! Jake 2005-2010 Mustang GT 21 08-17-2012 08:23 AM
Pypes m80 mufflers chickengeorge 1996-2004 Mustang GT 31 08-08-2012 12:06 AM
Pypes True Dual Exhaust X-pipe Kit with Takeoff GT mufflers 08Mustang 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 67 06-19-2012 10:49 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.