1994 gt dying when i push the clutch in. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
1994 gt dying when i push the clutch in.

Hi I posted here a couple days ago about my speedometer problem and it occasionally dying on the highway. It's gotten worse now everytime I push and hold the clutch in the car stalls while moving. Possible things related could be my throughout bearing that has squeaked since I had a new clutch put in a year ago. Maybe 02s because I got my exhaust fixed because it was completely broken and the check engine light flicked on for a few seconds. My speedometer is broken so a speed sensor. Who knows what else. Any opinions. Also if I push the clutch in then give it a little bit of gas it won't die. It usually does it when rolling to a stop light because i push the clutch in and roll to the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

djdaly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
Start the car and let it idle or take it for a short drive til the engine reaches operating temp then run a koeo test using the jumper wire and check engine light method.Make sure the ac is turned off and the transmission is in neutral before running the scan.See if you get a code 67.If so,having that code present on a stick car will cause stalling.If you do get code 67,follow the info in the link below and trouble shoot it.The stick equipped car uses a dual clutch sense switch and neutral safety switch.Engine idle strategy::the nss is used to control idle strategy used by the EEC.The EEC has to be able to ID a in neutral condition,otherwise idle surging,rolling idle and stalling will occur.The nss and vss are both used as engine load determiners(used for idle control,especially when vehicle is slowing down)so your stalling problem is most likely due to one or both of those sensors being faulty.Another thing to look for when doing a koeo scan is the prescense of code 29.Code 29 is for the vss.If its present,the 2nd link below will help with trouble shooting it.Read the info in this link anyways,even if code 29 isnt present.It explains the 6mph value threshhold and the idle dashpot strategy used once a speed of 6mph is reached.
If you try to run a koer scan and the test won't begin,the chances of having code 67 logged are very high because a koer scan won't start as long as code 67 is present.Its a safety issue and that prevents the scan from running.
(NSS Trouble shooting link)
(VSS Trouble shooting link)
If you don't know how to use the jumper wire method for code extraction, follow this link info.
(KOEO KOER Scan How To Link)
D.S.S. 331 10.5:1
Trick Flow Top End
XE276HR 0.544/0.544
80mm maf/70mm tb
1 5/8" Longtubes
Cat Hpipe/2 Chamber FM
wbrockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT