Bank 4 eliminator bama tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #1
AKE
Registered Member
Regular
 
AKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Morriston
Region: Florida
Posts: 141
Bank 4 eliminator bama tuner

Can anyone tell me if this is a good mod to get I seen videos on YouTube that they weren't good if your car is heavily modded but does anyone have one on here I've been thinking about getting one for a while now but scared to get one and waste $270
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
It is more of a waste of money. Your car can handle mild bolt ons without the need of a generic mail order tune.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
I never needed on with an A9L. For the 94/95 computers... those can benefit from a tune but it should be a local dyno tune. Or just A9L swap it.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-31-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2
I swapped out my Cam, Heads, Intake and a few other things. I bought the Banks Eliminator from American Muscle. The tune they put on it didn't work with my setup for whatever reason. I took the chip to my local Tuner at DTP and he hooked me up. I haven't had any issues with DTP's tune. Also I have a A9L in my mustang.

Hope this helps
Roush1799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roush1799 View Post
I swapped out my Cam, Heads, Intake and a few other things. I bought the Banks Eliminator from American Muscle. The tune they put on it didn't work with my setup for whatever reason. I took the chip to my local Tuner at DTP and he hooked me up. I haven't had any issues with DTP's tune. Also I have a A9L in my mustang.

Hope this helps
Because you cant expect a generic canned tune to be anywhere close on a 94/95 ecm.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lansdale
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9
Do the chip if you have a lot of mods. You won't notice really anything if your car is stock except for maybe throttle response. As long as you correctly fill out BAMA's questionnaire about your mods they should properly write the chip for you and send it out to you. If it doesn't work they are happy to have you send it back and have it reflashed for free, except you have to pay for shipping which sucks and you have to wait for it in the mail. I know a guy that worked for American muscle for about 6 years and was a part of BAMA for a little while and he had good things to say. People definitely have bad things to say about them too, it's only natural. If your chip is flashed correctly for your mods you'll see gains, if not flashed correctly you'll run into problems... Simple as that. It's cheaper than a dyno tune but not as good. They offer 3 different tunes for different octane. I have their tune and I noticed that my car runs better and has more power.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
UltraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraBlue View Post
Do the chip if you have a lot of mods. You won't notice really anything if your car is stock except for maybe throttle response. As long as you correctly fill out BAMA's questionnaire about your mods they should properly write the chip for you and send it out to you. If it doesn't work they are happy to have you send it back and have it reflashed for free, except you have to pay for shipping which sucks and you have to wait for it in the mail. I know a guy that worked for American muscle for about 6 years and was a part of BAMA for a little while and he had good things to say. People definitely have bad things to say about them too, it's only natural. If your chip is flashed correctly for your mods you'll see gains, if not flashed correctly you'll run into problems... Simple as that. It's cheaper than a dyno tune but not as good. They offer 3 different tunes for different octane. I have their tune and I noticed that my car runs better and has more power.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
On which year mustang was this for?
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lansdale
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9
1991 why

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
UltraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
Bama will not usually send out a tune for the fox bodies if it has heads, a cam, stroker or high compression.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Central Mn
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 162
Had one on my 95 with mild mods and really didn't notice anything so I removed it and added a turbo and went with QuarterHorse and BE program and Dyno tune. If I buy another 94-95 GT 5.0 I will use the Bama with that and do basic mods were it will benefit me more.
ranger56528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,341
Quarterhorse hands down is a much better system.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:03 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
The QH/Tweecer software has a very steep learning curve tho. Best bet if the car is going to be a "set and forget" is to find someone who actually knows how to tune a 94/95 and get it done on a dyno and call it.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Central Mn
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The QH/Tweecer software has a very steep learning curve tho. Best bet if the car is going to be a "set and forget" is to find someone who actually knows how to tune a 94/95 and get it done on a dyno and call it.

That's what I'm in the process of doing,just waiting to get it down to the tuner and dyno this spring,ran into a starting issue right now but hopefully I get it taken care of or the tuner will be making some extra money off me.






Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 V6 Race Red.....
Black 95 GTS 5.0 with lots of mods.
Red 98 Base V6 with very little mods..
ranger56528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 6
you should never swap the more advanced 94-95 ecu for the older fox ecu

best bet would be to get a quarterhorse and tune it yourself

here's a free custom base tune to get you started, it really doesn't get any easier, if you follow the links there all the write ups to tell you exactly how it all works and how to dial it all in properly

T4M2 / U4P2 / EFIDynoTuning

and for reference the a9l2 for the 89-93 foxbody ecus
A9L2 / EFIDynoTuning
decipha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used Bama 4 bank eliminator chip rosad Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 03-13-2015 05:50 PM
Tuner: Bama Power Flash Tuner vs. Bama 4 bank Eliminator Chip rosad Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 03-08-2015 07:43 PM
Think of adding a Bama 4-bank eliminator chip Jay180 1996-2004 Mustang GT 8 10-01-2014 09:13 PM
sct 4 bank eliminator chip TrickFlow94 1979-1995 Mustang GT 90 04-02-2014 09:18 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:14 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.