Creating Mach 1 inspired 2011 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Creating Mach 1 inspired 2011 GT

I have a candy red 2011 GT. I'm starting to do some Mach 1 inspired mods to it. I recently replaced the stock hood with an eggshell black painted vented hood. I am having a difficult time finding a 2 pedestal spoiler for the 2011 that is close to the older Mach 1 spoilers. All aftermarket available for my 11seem to only come with 4 pedestals. I'm going to check some dimensions and see if an actual Mach one spoiler can be retrofit to my 2011.
My question is regarding the rear window louvers. I see many pictures of the older Mach 1s with the black louvers. Was this an actual factory option on those models or are those strictly aftermarket?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

When you say "older" Mach 1's are you referring to the 69-70's or the 03-04's? Not sure how well the factory pedestal spoilers would just bolt up, but I imagine you could re-drill and align to make one work as long as the winglets don't hang too low.

I believe the louvers were a factory option on the 69-70's. They were not a factory installed option on the 03-04's. Aftermarket only. I think some dealers may have added them to cars on their lot, but they didn't come that way from Ford.

Did you go to Automotion in the Dells last year? Could've sworn I saw that car there cruising the strip.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
When you say "older" Mach 1's are you referring to the 69-70's or the 03-04's? Not sure how well the factory pedestal spoilers would just bolt up, but I imagine you could re-drill and align to make one work as long as the winglets don't hang too low.

I believe the louvers were a factory option on the 69-70's. They were not a factory installed option on the 03-04's. Aftermarket only. I think some dealers may have added them to cars on their lot, but they didn't come that way from Ford.

Did you go to Automotion in the Dells last year? Could've sworn I saw that car there cruising the strip.
Thanks for the info. I'm definitely referring to the 69-70s Mach 1s. Old school muscle car look is what I'm going for.

I did not go to the dells event last year. I need to get up to speed on the local car stuff in WI. I'm new to muscle car / sports car ownership. I gave up motorcycles in favor of a 5.0 in sept of 14. Having a lot more fun with it so far. Much more practical.

Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I see. Well you have a near twin somewhere in the state lol.

Also, welcome to the mustang family. Pretty good group of enthusiasts overall.
Despite our show season only lasting 6-8 months in WI, there are still some good shows going on. The link below has some most of the notable shows this season.

Wisconsin Events, Car Auctions, Swap Meets, Motorcycle Shows, Event listings and Coverage

There's quite a few classic only shows like the Iola Car Show, but there's also all years shows like the All Fords shows. Automotion is a classic car show but just about everything shows up to cruise. It's basically like a smaller version of the Woodward Dream Cruise. If you're not up for that chaos (and it is) there is an All Fords Show in Cudahy at Ewald's that same weekend. I went there a couple years ago and it was a great show.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcityf6b View Post
I have a candy red 2011 GT. I'm starting to do some Mach 1 inspired mods to it. I recently replaced the stock hood with an eggshell black painted vented hood. I am having a difficult time finding a 2 pedestal spoiler for the 2011 that is close to the older Mach 1 spoilers. All aftermarket available for my 11seem to only come with 4 pedestals. I'm going to check some dimensions and see if an actual Mach one spoiler can be retrofit to my 2011.
My question is regarding the rear window louvers. I see many pictures of the older Mach 1s with the black louvers. Was this an actual factory option on those models or are those strictly aftermarket?

What spoiler is currently on your car?
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt