Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best intake manifold for my setup

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Murdered5.0 
#1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering what intake manifold would be the best hp gain for my car. I have a b303 cam, ported heads, stock intake manifold, stock throttle body, bbk cold air intake. I have shorty headers and a full 3" exhaust and 2.5" out the back. I daily the car and i would like to make the most hp out of it. I would be getting a new throttle body to match the intake manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
Cobra Jet intake manifold kit, comes with everything except the extensions. You need to purchase the Boss 302 intake manifold extension kit.

#7 ·
Op are they stock ported heads?

Well to match the combo that you have a GT40 would be a nice little upgrade and won't break the bank. Upgrading to a 65 or 70mm TB would compliment the combo as well.

What MAF do you have?

#9 ·
Alot of people buy parts with "the future" in mind.

If you buy a manifold that is "too big" which means shorts runners it might feel a little lazy with your combo. But if you buy a manifold with longer runners better for torque and more suited to your combo then you will be sacrificing hp later on when you get better heads and cam.

This is a dance where all the dancers need to be in sync with their partners.

You could scoop up a GT40 manifold pretty cheap for now and then when you do decide on AFR's or whatever you are gonna want to swap the cam so combining a good set of flowing heads with the proper cam and a nice manifold will be a better bet.

Tough choice.

#11 ·
It's ok but super old technology. There are many better choices out there that will give you great power over the curve, give ya good idle so you can still use your A/C, power steering and such that rely on vacuum.

#13 ·
No not a bad cam at all.

I had that cam in a combo for a few years. Consisted of GT40 heads, GT40 intake and that cam. Very peppy on the street.

#15 ·
They few off shelf kits I have seen are nice and complete meaning they are a good combo as they come. The trackheat series I have seen usually lay down around 290 to 300 and that is with long tube headers, 75mm TB and matching MAF. Also depending on the condition of the bottom end.

To really start getting more power either blower, juice or cubes. Plus to start getting 320 to 330 to the wheels you have to move that powerband up and let her breathe. There is this guy that I know that freshened up his stock bottom end, TFS heads, custom cam from Ed and a Holley System intake and I think laid down like 330 but again that is just dyno numbers. Can't race those.........

#17 ·
Plus you gotta remember you will need
roller rockers
pushrods
gaskets
other stuff to complete the package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.