Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Where are all the fox guys?

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  ab_mach1 
#1 ·
Noticed there's not much fox talk going on lately. Did everyone sell off there foxbody's?

#5 ·
My son turned 14 today. I've been seriously thinking of starting a mild restore/refresh build on one so he can learn some stuff and have some fun too. Seems like the pushrod 302 and the foxbody parts are about the cheapest out there for a fun build. I don't need a great body, but I don't want to have to do a bunch of body work (that I don't know much about) just to get it drivable. I figure we'd get started and I'd let him pick the theme; drag, drift, or autoX. I think I could get started and gauge his interest before getting too deep into it moneywise.

#3 ·
There are very very few nice foxes anymore. Nicest one I've seen recently was a 4 banger notch that a user on the Corral found in an estate sale and modswapped. Took a wrecked 97 for all the wiring and modular specific parts and put a built up 4.6L 2V in there with a blower. He just sold it when some legit $$$$ guy from Canada made him multiple offers and finally put a number down that was too much money to refuse.

That's what the good ones go for these days... The not good ones... we're kind of at the point where they are either beat to **** or $$$ nice.

#4 ·
Been very slow here. I am finished with my build (for now) so I am at the point of enjoying it but yeah pretty slow.

#6 · (Edited)
I want to do that with my kid too when she hits the 14-15 year mark.

But for right now I would absolutely go with a 96-98. DIRT DIRT cheap, parts everywhere, parts cheap, easier to tune, more reliable, no ****ing paper gaskets, PI heads/cams/intake flow great right out of the gate.

When my daughter is that age it'll be 6-7 years from now so who knows what'll be the current "SN95" or if she'll even want a Mustang. We night not even be back in the states yet, lots and LOTS of ppl who do what I'm doing at the point in their career that I am retire over there...

Reactions: imps
#7 ·
Well then buy the perfect shell and store it. There has been a few fox bodies that I passed on that were dirt cheap that I should have bought.

#8 ·
I passed on a silver hatch with blue interior mint condition with blown motor and trans (4 banger) from an estate sale with 50k miles back in 2012... probably shoulda got it. Guy only wanted $1500.

#9 ·
Prices have really soared on foxes over the past couple years. I will need one that doesn't need major body/frame repair, mainly due to my skills. I'd love to gain knowledge and skills on that level, but I want to focus on the primary goal - a project we can work on and complete in a reasonable time. I want to make sure this boy goes to some type of college lol. I'm not against a trade, as long as it's because he wants to do it rather than "I can't do anything else". I'm really hoping once he gets through school and gets a job, that he still wants to be into cars etc.

#10 ·
Knowing what I know now about how I was and how my friends were tho... I'm hoping to teach my daughter to be responsible. Also there is a very real chance we will still be in Spain or in Germany at that point so... Maybe find her some sort of Euro hot hatch that we can't get over here.

#12 ·
Lol probably because they are all LS swapped... $8k for a properly done 408w or pull a 5.3L out of a JY for $800.

#19 ·
Foxes scarce around Detroit? Surprised. Maybe not, though, talkling 20+ year old cars.......wish I still had the three I owned before my current '94 GT, 89, 90, both 5.0 5-speed, '93 Cobra. Cobra at least went to my nephew. It's up on blocks stored in Kansas. He's in the Marine Corps, in Japan.

#17 ·
I would pay 3k for a decent one.

#20 ·
3k for that car looks like a good deal if it is as clean as you say it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.