Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help locating Campshaft Sensor 94GT

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr.Five0 
#1 ·
I need help, does anyone have a digaram illustrating location of camshaft sensor location part#E9TZ12A112A on 1994 GT 5.0, I cannot seem to locate. Thanks :blink:

#2 ·
Because its in the distributor. Stator/Hall effect sensor in there. Replace that or replace the whole dizzy. The distributors in these are pretty notorious for going out.

#3 ·
Campshaft sensor

Because its in the distributor. Stator/Hall effect sensor in there. Replace that or replace the whole dizzy. The distributors in these are pretty notorious for going out.
Thanks for the quick reply, after replacing the distributor with OEM rebuilt from PEP boys "Stealer no longer sells" the engine off balance stumbling bad, although I found top dead center several times confirmed on compression stroke and placed rotor on cylinder one, no matter how I twist the dist cannot get engine smooth, I guess its possible the EZZ as you call it could be bad from rebuild, any further thoughts??? Ordered one from summit OEM Ford, on back order.

#4 ·
The parts store dizzys are very hit or miss. If you have a shop press you can replace the PIP in the stock dizzy, that's what I did when I had my 95.

If not then get a Crane dizzy.

#5 ·
FINAL RULING "Bad Harmonic Balancer"

The parts store dizzys are very hit or miss. If you have a shop press you can replace the PIP in the stock dizzy, that's what I did when I had my 95.

If not then get a Crane dizzy.
Turns out a friend came over and noticed my harmonic balancer behind crank pulley was spinning ever do slightly off center, replaced harmonic balancer..happy days are here again..
Thanks for your input :dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.