95' SVT Cobra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to xspektrex Send a message via MSN to xspektrex Send a message via Yahoo to xspektrex
Angry 95' SVT Cobra

Check Out the pics...
Check out other peeps pics...
let's get some conversation rolling in the forums...

*MSD-Ignition*H-Pipe*Shortie BBK Headers*40-Series Flowies*8.8" Rear*3.27 Gears*C4*Stock T-Handle*
xspektrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 95' SVT Cobra

Does your car really require such a large wing?...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Does your car really require such a large wing?...
Say it like it is Brother I was thinking the same thing

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #4

i like the wing it sets it off... nice car
bubbafinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbafinch View Post
i like the wing it sets it off... nice car
set's it off what? balance maybe.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

eh its not that bad. To each their own.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

i like the whole car in general, i think the wing compliments the large cowl, they had a black on almost identical locally that i almost bough 3 years ago, it was super clean and the 16 year old guy that bought it wraped it around a tree the first week. im probably gonna buy an sn body
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

^^Thought you were getting a Bimmi Blue Fox
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
i was definitly joking about that LOL i dont want that hunk of junk i have a few ideas im thinking of going with. depends what i find when im ready
Old 10-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
You need to really work to keep up with him and his plans...him and Kyle are just alike...they tend to shuffle their cards and pull out a plan idea....then shuffle again until they finally go through with it.

Unfortunately, I am the same way at times...specially when it comes to the direction of the cobra...so I can't bag them too too hard.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
i was definitly joking about that LOL i dont want that hunk of junk i have a few ideas im thinking of going with. depends what i find when im ready
Seriously that car is sweet and the tree adds like 200 more hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You need to really work to keep up with him and his plans...him and Kyle are just alike...they tend to shuffle their cards and pull out a plan idea....then shuffle again until they finally go through with it.

Unfortunately, I am the same way at times...specially when it comes to the direction of the cobra...so I can't bag them too too hard.
I am the same way so i cant say to much.
What happened to Kyles plans for the turbo? I would of assumed it would have been already done. But now hes selling the hot and cold side piping.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

He shuffled his deck of cards and pulled the "I don't trust 100k+ mile motor so I'll drive it till it blows up then replace it with a vetted, cobra, or lightning" card. However, I believe another shuffle will be occuring and he will be pulling the "I am going to get a bike" card shortly.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I believe another shuffle will be occuring and he will be pulling the "I am going to get a bike" card shortly.
:thumbs2:he might have one for friday

but he has a idling issue and hes starting to second guess the whole modded daily driver thing, my orange car used to be a daily driver then it had so much aftermarket that it started to have drivability problems, once you are a certain deepness in a car, it consumes you.plus, i blow past him every chance i get at 100+ mph

thoing about me is, if i say something is gonna change, its gonna one way or another.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to xspektrex Send a message via MSN to xspektrex Send a message via Yahoo to xspektrex
Talking Re: 95' SVT Cobra

Sorry so long to post back...

Good call on the wing...I hate it...
Bought it that way though...
Got a "Whale Tale" coming to replace the parking deck on my trunk so fear not...hood is getting replaced with a 3" cow and funcgional SVO intake...Also pulling mexi kit (body kit) off and replacing with original rear bumper, some type of cobra/demon front bumper, and SVO side exhaust...But first I shall continue to wait for the tranny I bought 3weeks ago to arrive...neone need a nonWC(T5) that needs to be rebuilt befo I rebuild it with my SW.40?

*MSD-Ignition*H-Pipe*Shortie BBK Headers*40-Series Flowies*8.8" Rear*3.27 Gears*C4*Stock T-Handle*
Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspektrex View Post
Sorry so long to post back...

Good call on the wing...I hate it...
Bought it that way though...
Got a "Whale Tale" coming to replace the parking deck on my trunk so fear not...hood is getting replaced with a 3" cow and funcgional SVO intake...Also pulling mexi kit (body kit) off and replacing with original rear bumper, some type of cobra/demon front bumper, and SVO side exhaust...But first I shall continue to wait for the tranny I bought 3weeks ago to arrive...neone need a nonWC(T5) that needs to be rebuilt befo I rebuild it with my SW.40?
glad you had a sense of humor about the wing .Love the rest of the stang

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta have some humor in this sadistic world...what else is there?

Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

u should look into the abc exclusive cobra front bumper for your car, it looks real nice on a sn.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

puttin this stuff on:

Side Exhausthttp://www.abcexclusive.com/images/b...806SP_open.jpg)
Cobra Exclusive Fronthttp://www.abcexclusive.com/images/b.../ABC8011CO.jpg)
SVO Hoodhttp://www.bodykits.com/store/images...svohood-01.jpg)
Sonar Winghttp://www.bodykits.com/store/images/T/FD-016-TW.jpg)

Ill Post New Pics by August When All Done (Painted/Un-Painted)

Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

2:

Let it be known that today another member of the ford family has passed away.
please follow the link below for detailed images of the death of a 95' Cobra SVT:

Mustang Evolution - xspektrex's Album: Heads n Block

Due to loss of my job, car, and no backup money the car will not be fixed!
I Appreciate any and all help provided thus far from all members.

Happy Ford'n,

Harley Derrett

Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

sorry about the bad new gl with gettin a new job.

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #21
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Gotta have some humor in this sadistic world...what else is there?
o i fukn swear dude...some ppl here are real stang traditionalist. the wing looks good with kit that's on your car. when the double stack came out for stangs everyone wanted one. but if u didnt have a body kit to match...it did look a bit much...like an aluninum pro-stock wing on a civic..lmao. i dont think u got a "mexi-kit"...which is semi-racist statement in my opinion. if we had some hispanic members the **** probably wouldnt be so funny. my half brother is mexican i speak spanish as does my father...so i dont really see the humor..but thats just me..ok...it was kinda funny. but we should shy away from those comments. point is..your car is cool. and if u where selling it...the ppl that talked the most trash bout it would be p.m.'n u on a price. dont let the tradionalist change your taste...u bought the car cause u liked it. im not a huge fan of the front bumper cover though...but it does make a complete package with the wing.... i think u could pick chiks up in it for sure. im not a huge fan of the double stack..but it looks good on your car, and i dont think u should change it, or the body kit... dat **** is hot!!!
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Talking Re: 95' SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
o i fukn swear dude...some ppl here are real stang traditionalist. the wing looks good with kit that's on your car. when the double stack came out for stangs everyone wanted one. but if u didnt have a body kit to match...it did look a bit much...like an aluninum pro-stock wing on a civic..lmao. i dont think u got a "mexi-kit"...which is semi-racist statement in my opinion. if we had some hispanic members the **** probably wouldnt be so funny. my half brother is mexican i speak spanish as does my father...so i dont really see the humor..but thats just me..ok...it was kinda funny. but we should shy away from those comments. point is..your car is cool. and if u where selling it...the ppl that talked the most trash bout it would be p.m.'n u on a price. dont let the tradionalist change your taste...u bought the car cause u liked it. im not a huge fan of the front bumper cover though...but it does make a complete package with the wing.... i think u could pick chiks up in it for sure. im not a huge fan of the double stack..but it looks good on your car, and i dont think u should change it, or the body kit... dat **** is hot!!!
<--(DCLXVI)--> HeHe

The kit is actually a Saleen clone kit along with original S281 Saleen Wheels. Let em hate cause I got a set and very few do!!!:thumbs2:

The front clip is not the original that cam with the saleen kit. the car got bumped on the passenger quarter so they replaced the front clip with some crappy chepo front clip. Personally I hate it and as soon as i get the money it's gone. The rear wing is going to be reduced to just a trunk for now and eventually an S281 scoop. Lastly all the ground effects, wing/scoop, side scoops, and cowl of hood will be flat black along with the rims.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
<--(DCLXVI)--> HeHe

The kit is actually a Saleen clone kit along with original S281 Saleen Wheels. Let em hate cause I got a set and very few do!!!:thumbs2:

The front clip is not the original that cam with the saleen kit. the car got bumped on the passenger quarter so they replaced the front clip with some crappy chepo front clip. Personally I hate it and as soon as i get the money it's gone. The rear wing is going to be reduced to just a trunk for now and eventually an S281 scoop. Lastly all the ground effects, wing/scoop, side scoops, and cowl of hood will be flat black along with the rims.
i c...im not defending your stang in this thread anymore...lmao
Old 02-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
i c...im not defending your stang in this thread anymore...lmao
wow

i hope your kidding kuz i wasn't going against your approval. i just wanna make MY snake My creation and not the original owner's (traitor for selling) idea of cool.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #25
Titus Wadicus
Regular

naw, i was just joshn wit u.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Alrighty....sorry so long to post!

Paid $700 cash for a long block out of a 94SVT Cobra. Engine only had 70k miles and the guy I bought it from rebuilt it from the GT40's up. Crank/Oil-Pan/cam all appear to be in great condition after removing the oil-pan and inspecting. The new long-block also comes equipped with a TrickFlow Stage One Cam ()! Dude put all new pushrods (-2 he lost (,(used two of mine)) and I salvaged my Crane Rockers; One of which, as you can see in the image gallery, had a slight mishap where the rounded top of the push-rod meets the rocker. That particular component fell out and I put it back in (). Hopefully that little "socket" (as i like to call it) remains seated. Hopefully the engine will hold up until i whore myself out enough to buy the Trickflow "top-end" package for like 3G's after some accessories. Lemme know what yall think about the amount spent and any thoughts on the rod/socket/rocker mending.

All advice welcome!

Thanks,

Harley D

Old 03-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #27
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Alrighty....sorry so long to post!

Paid $700 cash for a long block out of a 94SVT Cobra. Engine only had 70k miles and the guy I bought it from rebuilt it from the GT40's up. Crank/Oil-Pan/cam all appear to be in great condition after removing the oil-pan and inspecting. The new long-block also comes equipped with a TrickFlow Stage One Cam ()! Dude put all new pushrods (-2 he lost (,(used two of mine)) and I salvaged my Crane Rockers; One of which, as you can see in the image gallery, had a slight mishap where the rounded top of the push-rod meets the rocker. That particular component fell out and I put it back in (). Hopefully that little "socket" (as i like to call it) remains seated. Hopefully the engine will hold up until i whore myself out enough to buy the Trickflow "top-end" package for like 3G's after some accessories. Lemme know what yall think about the amount spent and any thoughts on the rod/socket/rocker mending.

All advice welcome!

Thanks,

Harley D
take that $3k and buy a s/c. you want more h.p.? change the pulley...not your heads. just my opinion.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Question Re: 95' SVT Cobra

everything is back together (except for exhaust & O2's) and still got nothing.

First: Im uncertain on the firing order to be honest
Second: I marked nothing!
Thrid: Diff. engine so the dist. cap / crank&cam no longer line-up
Fourth: Engine back in car and im certain that it will never fire until the TDC is set and the dist. cap rotor is set to face cylinder#1

Someboy/Anybody please walk me through this process cause i need this car to run asap. It's my DD

Old 03-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
everything is back together (except for exhaust & O2's) and still got nothing.

First: Im uncertain on the firing order to be honest
Second: I marked nothing!
Thrid: Diff. engine so the dist. cap / crank&cam no longer line-up
Fourth: Engine back in car and im certain that it will never fire until the TDC is set and the dist. cap rotor is set to face cylinder#1

Someboy/Anybody please walk me through this process cause i need this car to run asap. It's my DD
you need for someone to talk you through this on the phone. it's not as bad as you think, but it may take you a few tries to get it right. pm me and you can call me or someelse here could also help you. i think everyone here has done it at least once.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: 95' SVT Cobra

Alrighty....

Today:
I set TDC and distributor rotor to plug wire #1
I got the cobra to turn over and run on it's own today!
Now a few details of concern::

1.) Car will idle on it's own if i don't hit the gas until it's warm (normal)
2.) The idle seems to be normal (1000rpm) but a lil rough
3.) I'm confident the timing is a bit/alot off
4.) The oil pressure gauge is not moving at all
a.) is this normal when the car is stationary? (I cannot recall)
b.) If not normal how to check oil flow within cobra
5.) There seems to be more moisture out of the passenger header than the
driver header.

Things to consider:

1.) Exhaust is currently not hooked up from headers back
a.) Thus meaning o2's are not hooked up as well
2.) Smog system was not put back on the cobra
a.) Only remaining components from smog system are:
i.) Smog pump
ii.) EGR
3.) Monday I am going to put driveshaft/exhaust back on to tone down
noise so i can listen for engine ping.
4.) Currently have Trickflow Stage I Cam installed

Any and all advice fellas/gals!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
svt