Minor collision, now alignment fubar. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2004, 05:03 PM   #1
Unhappy Minor collision, now alignment fubar.

I recently began driving an LX to take the place of my camaro while I do some work on it and as luck would have it, I got into a minor accident. Spun out while turning onto a two lane highway in the rain and nipped the concrete median with the drivers side tire. Didnt do nearly as much damage as I would have thought. Scraped up the alloy rim pretty good and bent the lip a little bit but other then that I thought it had made it through undamaged.

Of coarse, driving it home it now pulls to the left so something is definatly tweaked. Theres no apparent damage and everything looks fine on inspection. My first thought would be the LCA since it pulls in the direction that the tire made contact in. Could it really be anything else like maybe damage to the k-member that the LCA mounts up to? Id take it to a shop but id like to avoid getting raped by their high fees although I might ahve to to find out whats really bent.

Oh, and this vehicle isnt even mine so I kinda have to fix it

88 Camaro SC. 350 w/ TBI. B/W 9-bolt w/ PBR brakes. Modded ECM with custom DIY source code.

Other vehicle: '93 Msutang LX. 4 cyl./5 spd.
88SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
take some pictures of your drivers side suspension, i have a 93 lx 4 cyl, 5 spd also, we can compare them

-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
hmm, that's weird, I think you post some pics ASAP

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #4
If the rain breaks sometime during the day tommorow I'll see if I can get some pics. I took it out again and it doesnt pull quite as bad as I thought but its there. The effects from the crash may be so small that theyre undetectable by eye. I probably could jsut get by by having an alignment done but if its something I can fix id like to fix it.
88SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to megax29 Send a message via Yahoo to megax29
That's exactly what happened to me. I was going into a freeway turnaround and was going fast on the curb...I got gravel under my tires and slid into the side curb. I scraped my drivers side rim and the whole tire is shifting back towards the driver. There's a 2 finger wide gap and a whole hand for the front gap of the wheel and fender. I took it to some local mechanic to check it out and he said I'd probably be better off to have insurance take care of it.
megax29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Even in a Mustang, it pays to drive with care and common sense.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
i hit the passenger side front tire on the curb cracking the rim and damaging the radiator mount. changed the wheel but the would now pull to the right. so i adj. the passenger side tie rod end and that took care of the problem. i did the same with my new car (i hit a log this time ) but i'm gonna take it in for an alignment.

All pigs are useless!
widowvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT