i need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: California
i need help

I'm going to go with a 347 stroker, but I want to know what heads and cam will work well with a supercharger? I want to get GT40 heads and a B303 cam, but I think it will choke the combo.

What heads and cam should I get that will make good power without the supercharger? I want to be able to drive it until I save up for the supercharger.

juced302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
Re: i need help

with a 347 you will want the highest flowing heads you can get.
The B303 cam has too much lobe seperation causing the intake and exhaust valves to be slightly open at the same time costing you boost so you don't want it. the E303 cam is better suited for the supercharger. I would also look at Anderson Ford Motorsport Home Page as they have cams specially for your app.

Good luck!

Powerboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

The GT40 heads and B303 cam will be way small for a 347. I would recommend a set of AFR 185s and either a custom cam or cam from Anderson Motorsport. You are also going to need a nice sized intake to work well with that combo.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Region: Alabama

AFR 185's as suggested about but I would call FTI (Flotech Inductions) Ed Curtis and explain to him your set-up and they will custom grind you and cam that will work best for your car. Unlike the generic supercharger cams from AFM or anyone else.
95whitevenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Titus Wadicus
Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

i dont think you will like gt40 heads with a stroker, especially if u plan on driving it on motor for a while. as much as i love alphabet cams....u really dont want a b-cam for that application. the b-cam is the most ineffeciant cam out of all the alphabet cams. honestly, you would do more justice with a stock cam and 1.7rr than a b cam because of the duration when running a blower. go e-cam... or specific blower cam like everyone else says like anderson...or custom grind. but i think everyone agrees you will not be very happy with a b-cam. regardless of head choice.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT