Car of the month or something? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:47 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
I understand Whats your ticket for? I hate tickets. I personally believe cops can spend a lot more time doing other things. I read all the time about cops not showing when something dangerous is going on but I bet you during that time you can find someone in the city who got a speeding ticket. When I used to work at Rite-Aid we had an armed robbery to which the cops took three hours to show up. We ended up just going home because we had stayed like two hours after closing and they never showed up. So three hours is just an estimate, haha.

The people who created the speed limit I assume did it because they wanted people to be safe; that is what you should actually look at when you're giving peole tickets. If you're being safe, the speed you're going doesn't actually matter. I bet the autobahn has around the same amount of accidents that we have on our local freeways and they can go speeds double that of our speed limits.

The only reason they give so many tickets out these days is to raise revenue, but that was not their initial purpose. If they need to raise more money they have to find a better way of doing it that is distributed among the masses. It is my opinion that tickets do not work anyway, I don't personally know of anyone that got a ticket then stopped doing what they recieved the ticket for. When was the last time you went driving and saw nobody speeding, nobody rolling slowly through stop signs? Perhaps it's just California. I gotta start a thread on this with what I really think, haha.
..... first, cops dont pick and chose what they go on for the most part. 2nd the autobahn has some speed limits, also there cars are made hell of alot better, and they dont get the DL till they are 18 or 21 (i cant rem.) 3rd, "california" stops at a stop sign is still illegal, rules are rules. just like when you were in grade school. "

The Autobahn is the pinnacle of the German driving experience, perhaps the ultimate in driving altogether. Virtually all of the world's serious drivers have heard of it and longed to take their shot at conquering it. German cars are known for their precise engineering and craftsmanship; the Autobahn completes the driving equation.

Some people are disappointed the first time they drive on the Autobahn. They come with visions of a twenty-lane superhighway where cars are barely a blur as they whiz by. In reality, the Autobahn looks like the average freeway, and despite rumors to the contrary, not everyone is traveling at the speed of sound. And the stories of unlimited speed are only half correct-- many sections of Autobahn do have speed limits." -http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/autobahn.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
seen a thing on speed vision the other night, shelbys lil ac cobra spawned the speed limit it was clocked at 192mph on the autobahn there was some american press around, made a up roar about it, tada speed limits. so next time u get a speeding ticket thank carrol shelby
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #38
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
I got off the ticket w/o having to pay anything, it pays to know ppl in the department.

And the ONLY way a ticket can be thrown out is if the violation doesn't match the code number. Your address or name can even be wrong, it's still a valid ticket.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
we have a NO point 35mph zone here... no one is even near the road its just a speed trap... you will get a ticket for going 37 in a 35....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
..... first, cops dont pick and chose what they go on for the most part. 2nd the autobahn has some speed limits, also there cars are made hell of alot better, and they dont get the DL till they are 18 or 21 (i cant rem.) 3rd, "california" stops at a stop sign is still illegal, rules are rules. just like when you were in grade school. "

The Autobahn is the pinnacle of the German driving experience, perhaps the ultimate in driving altogether. Virtually all of the world's serious drivers have heard of it and longed to take their shot at conquering it. German cars are known for their precise engineering and craftsmanship; the Autobahn completes the driving equation.

Some people are disappointed the first time they drive on the Autobahn. They come with visions of a twenty-lane superhighway where cars are barely a blur as they whiz by. In reality, the Autobahn looks like the average freeway, and despite rumors to the contrary, not everyone is traveling at the speed of sound. And the stories of unlimited speed are only half correct-- many sections of Autobahn do have speed limits." -http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/autobahn.htm
You are correct, and I do think people generally have a misinterpretation of the Autobahn. However, I believe they have done tests that showed that speed never increased the number of accidents, only the number of injuries etc. I believe it is Europe that has a whole bunch of new speed traps now but from what I can understand the amount of accidents hasn't even fallen 1%. What do you mean by cops don't pick and choose what they go on? And what do you mean by California stops at a stop sign is still illegal, you mean rolling through? I don't roll through stop signs personally but in the code book it says if you come to a railroad crossing and can see 400 feet in both directions, you can go the speed limit, otherwise you must go 15 m.p.h., so how come if you can see both ways at a stop sign for 400 feet you can't go 15 m.p.h.? Like I said, I stop at stop signs and such, just seems like they shouldn't give tickets for people that roll them. After all, the rules are there to be safe, if you're being safe, who cares what the actual law is, it was only put there to serve a purpose, and if you're serving the purpose then what is the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I got off the ticket w/o having to pay anything, it pays to know ppl in the department.

And the ONLY way a ticket can be thrown out is if the violation doesn't match the code number. Your address or name can even be wrong, it's still a valid ticket.
Hmm, I believe I can show you examples of people who have had it thrown out for what I've said. I don't want to start fights or anything, but I am saying that this argument has come up on other boards before and a person has shown that they got off on a differnt basis than the incorrect code number. However, if this whole thing is going to start an arguement, lets just stop it now because I dont' want things to get out of hand.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Also, I can show that the driving code book for California says that it takes 400 feet to stop from 50 m.p.h., if they are using that as their basis don't you think that number is a bit obsolete? I'm confident even a non-performance car such as an echo should be able to do it in 200, i'm not positive on that number though so i'll take out some of my cars today and see how long it takes me to stop from 50.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #42
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Hmm, I believe I can show you examples of people who have had it thrown out for what I've said. I don't want to start fights or anything, but I am saying that this argument has come up on other boards before and a person has shown that they got off on a differnt basis than the incorrect code number. However, if this whole thing is going to start an arguement, lets just stop it now because I dont' want things to get out of hand.
Nah, I'm not gonna get mad or anything if u prove me wrong.

I'm just saying exactly what I've been told by a driving school instructor and by several police officer friends of mine and by a judge.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
I'm in on the car of the month
Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
You are correct, and I do think people generally have a misinterpretation of the Autobahn. However, I believe they have done tests that showed that speed never increased the number of accidents, only the number of injuries etc. I believe it is Europe that has a whole bunch of new speed traps now but from what I can understand the amount of accidents hasn't even fallen 1%. What do you mean by cops don't pick and choose what they go on? And what do you mean by California stops at a stop sign is still illegal, you mean rolling through? I don't roll through stop signs personally but in the code book it says if you come to a railroad crossing and can see 400 feet in both directions, you can go the speed limit, otherwise you must go 15 m.p.h., so how come if you can see both ways at a stop sign for 400 feet you can't go 15 m.p.h.? Like I said, I stop at stop signs and such, just seems like they shouldn't give tickets for people that roll them. After all, the rules are there to be safe, if you're being safe, who cares what the actual law is, it was only put there to serve a purpose, and if you're serving the purpose then what is the problem?

as far as speed is not a big thing when u get into wreck, BS come cut someone out of the car with me after they have been in a high speed crash. or do you want me to post a WW pics of people hanin out of there cars, or there teeth in there steering wheel.. and as far as RR crosings, if they dont have a auto red light on them they are all Stop signs. (in Indiana) and STOP means STOP. not roll on into the street and stop at the last sec if someone is coming. I am going to school for Police, and I am a FF I/II for the state of Indiana. i dont want to fight.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #45
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
as far as speed is not a big thing when u get into wreck, BS come cut someone out of the car with me after they have been in a high speed crash. or do you want me to post a WW pics of people hanin out of there cars, or there teeth in there steering wheel.. and as far as RR crosings, if they dont have a auto red light on them they are all Stop signs. (in Indiana) and STOP means STOP. not roll on into the street and stop at the last sec if someone is coming. I am going to school for Police, and I am a FF I/II for the state of Indiana. i dont want to fight.
he said he didn't think the NUMBER of accidents were increased. He didn't say that he didn't think the severity of the INJURIES wasn't increased.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
STOP means STOP.
I agree, and I do stop, but the purpose it was still needs to be served, and as was already pointed out, i know speed increases injuries...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements