A new article.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to 01GTType
A new article..

Hey guys, I went through all the articles tonight and they are great. They only thing that it missing in how to change your spark plugs and what gaps each plug should be set at. This would be great information to have for the 99+ stangs.

Thanks a bunch..

p.s. I'm going to try that headlight one out this weekend. I'm tired of looking for a good deal on them..
01GTType is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
We have one but we have not pulled it over yet, the problem is how to do it in a fashion that all mustang owners can relate to, we all dont have X number of cylinders or the plugs are not located in the same location we could do one for each year all in the same how to...

we need people to do the work and take detailed images of each step for us to use, thats the key.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
We have one but we have not pulled it over yet, the problem is how to do it in a fashion that all mustang owners can relate to, we all dont have X number of cylinders or the plugs are not located in the same location we could do one for each year all in the same how to...

we need people to do the work and take detailed images of each step for us to use, thats the key.
Figures...you would say that today. I just changed mine out last night. lol. Was that ever a pip...specially on the passenger side.
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
i thought yours were like right on the valve cover...?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
i thought yours were like right on the valve cover...?
Check out this pic ==> http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/Cobra_18.jpg

The plugs are under the raised covers (drivers side says V8...). Easy to get off.

The driver's side...not so bad. The passenger side...not so good. Once you get the intake off all the way up to the throttle body...then you have to deal with the plugs that are burried 9" down into the heads. Had to get a 12" extension last night to get to them and it was just long enough to let me turn it with all the wires and tubes around...specially for the back passenger plug. Just a pain in the *** to get to everything clearly on the passenger side as the throttle bode is blocking your turning abilities for the second from the back plug.

Then, you have to be careful as they are aluminum heads and only 4 threads actually hold the plug. So, extreme care must be taken to not cross thread at all. Also, getting the plugs down that 9" deep hole and starting them without cross threading sucks. lol.

But, they are done now...and hopefully won't need to be touched for a while.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements