Looking for one new moderator for the 2005-2006 section - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Looking for one new moderator for the 2005-2006 section

We need one person to fill a spot for the 2005-2006 forums on our site. The moderator spot has these requirements you must meet to be qualified:

* Must own a 2005-2006 GT
* Must be an active member of the whole site!
* Must be able to assist members with their questions in some manner. Either by directly answering their question or pointing them somewhere that can help them

Benefits of being a moderator on Mustangevolution.com:

* A cool red name cause you know the ladies dig it.
* Access to our moderator forum to discuss site issues
* Ability to ban Beaner

If you are interested in the oppurtunity send me a PM

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Looking for one new moderator for the 2005-2006 section

no need to ban me .... also, I know Rick0636 WAS a mod... and would like to be a mod again... he did a good job the first time... he doesn't have a 2005-2006 GT, but he does have a 2005-2006 v-6... since this site is based on the v-6, I wouldn't see a problem. Plus, he did have a '99 GT... Just an idea...

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
Regular

The site hasn't been a V6 only site since January 2004..... the whole goal is to push toward getting more V8 owners on posting and contributing.

I considered him but I would prefer someone with strong interest in the 2005-2006 GT's

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

it's just that, I don't know if we even have any 05-06 GT owners on the site. Plus, the man does know a lot about engines. I don't think you have to own the car to know about it. Also... we could always do what I did... total your v-6, and use the insurance money to buy a GT ... so, I suppose using that, I would be helping the GT/v-6 ratio.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 06-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
Regular

You are missing the whole goal... which is to get more GT owners on here.....

Reddit
Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

If I wasn't so busy with work right now, I'd do it. I'm just not sure if I'd really have the time necessary to do it right.

Of course, it's not a very busy area right now, so it probably wouldn't be too bad...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

I see your goal of getting more GT owners on here... I just don't know that by promoting a GT owner to moderator status, if you would accomplish your goal.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #8
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

With the awesome moderator pay, I would quickly go out and BUY a new GT!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #9
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

PS: A little later I'd like to maybe be a super-mod again in the technical areas.

My "attendance" will be up to standards, I promise!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636

I have probably forgotten more about engines than most of your mods put together man, I think you already know that, oh well, enough said on it. I have a high interest in new GTs, was considering getting one before I even wrecked the 99 GT vert, but after doing that, I was a bit scared off from verts and V8s, that is why I went with a truck first and then finally a V6. I even looked at a yellow 2005 GT before I bought my new 2006 pony.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR
With the awesome moderator pay, I would quickly go out and BUY a new GT!!!
*ZING*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
I have probably forgotten more about engines than most of your mods put together man,
*ZING* x 2

Old 06-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
If I wasn't so busy with work right now, I'd do it. I'm just not sure if I'd really have the time necessary to do it right.

Of course, it's not a very busy area right now, so it probably wouldn't be too bad...
If you want it it is yours. You have been plenty active

Reddit
Old 06-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #13
Regular

Moderator postion has been filled by bbunt302.

The evil extinct dodo birds have been called back to extinction.

Reddit
Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey, bite my dodo bird butt kid!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
Hey, bite my dodo bird butt kid!

Reddit
Old 06-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

I put many, many hours into your site man, and you show no appreciation at all for it.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #17
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
I put many, many hours into your site man, and you show no appreciation at all for it.
dude, chill out man. Ive put in probably more than you, more than most, and I haven't been a mod in forever. Brent has his guidelines and I respect them. It is his site, he can run it as he chooses.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes, he can, always has, always will. Like you said, it's his site, no one elses'.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

OK this is enough. N8R we are not here to brag about who has done more on this site. We forget the few of us were here at the beginning and being all excited about being a part of something bigger than all of us. Lets remember the legacy members and not treat anyone with disrespect

I WILL NOT TOLLERATE ONE BIT

I really cant believe I am seeing people I consider friends saying such hurtful thing.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sorry man, it hurts me to think of the amount of time I have put into trying to help with this site and then he calls me an extinct dodo bird.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #21
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK this is enough. N8R we are not here to brag about who has done more on this site. We forget the few of us were here at the beginning and being all excited about being a part of something bigger than all of us. Lets remember the legacy members and not treat anyone with disrespect

I WILL NOT TOLLERATE ONE BIT

I really cant believe I am seeing people I consider friends saying such hurtful thing.
Hold on a second, I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I was by no means bragging. I was simply stating that I, like Rick, and many other people on this site, have put a lot into this site, and are not moderators. The reason being, is Brent has his specific guidelines, and thats fine. I don't need to be made a mod to know that Brent appreciates what I have helped with. This site is doing well, so obviously Brent is doing something right. Now, I am a legacy member as well, I have been a member since the beginning. I also don't feel I said anything hurtful or disrespectful, and if what I said was taken that way, I appologize. I am simply trying to defend my friend's decision against Rick, whome, I feel, may be overreacting somewhat. I don't think its that big of a deal to not be choosen to be a mod, especially if the criteria is not met. Thats all, just my opionon and defense.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #22
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Sorry man, it hurts me to think of the amount of time I have put into trying to help with this site and then he calls me an extinct dodo bird.
I don't believe that comment was aimed at you. I believe he was just being goofy.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Maybe not, but it felt like it was aimed at me and at RGR, I really don't know.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
Hold on a second, I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I was by no means bragging. I was simply stating that I, like Rick, and many other people on this site, have put a lot into this site, and are not moderators. The reason being, is Brent has his specific guidelines, and thats fine. I don't need to be made a mod to know that Brent appreciates what I have helped with. This site is doing well, so obviously Brent is doing something right. Now, I am a legacy member as well, I have been a member since the beginning. I also don't feel I said anything hurtful or disrespectful, and if what I said was taken that way, I appologize. I am simply trying to defend my friend's decision against Rick, whome, I feel, may be overreacting somewhat. I don't think its that big of a deal to not be choosen to be a mod, especially if the criteria is not met. Thats all, just my opionon and defense.
A lot was said wrong by all. I am here to say this will stop now. We shall be decent to all and saying hurtful things is completely unnecessary. You are all my friends and I also support Brent choice of bbunt for the position but that does not mean Rick is not competent to do the job. We all have played a part in making ME great now it is time to stop the internal bleeding and sniping now
Old 06-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Thanks Corey, I will shut up now!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #26
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I see your goal of getting more GT owners on here... I just don't know that by promoting a GT owner to moderator status, if you would accomplish your goal.
and promoting a V6 Mustang owner to that position helps how?

Reddit
Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #27
Regular

Quote:
Session Start (BamaStangGuy:bbunt302): Thu Jun 08 18:24:30 2006
BamaStangGuy: What it is
BamaStangGuy: Translation: What's going on
bbunt302: not much, working on some stuff from work
bbunt302: What is is ho? What's up?
BamaStangGuy: lol
BamaStangGuy: How you liken Texas
bbunt302: it's alright
bbunt302: I've been too busy lately to really find out if I like it or not
BamaStangGuy: That sucks... atleast you got income now though haha
bbunt302: not yet, two weeks from tomorrow
BamaStangGuy: ah lol
BamaStangGuy: Well if you want to be mod of the 2005 area its yours. You are plenty active enough... you dont have to be on 24/7 just check in etc... Brandon says you have to do it or evil extinct dodo birds will kill you
bbunt302: sure, I'll do it
bbunt302: like I said, it really doesn't get too much traffic right now anyway
BamaStangGuy: yea
bbunt302: I won't be on during the day, but I can check on it at night
BamaStangGuy: Thats cool
BamaStangGuy: You are officially one of "us"
bbunt302: werd
BamaStangGuy: I made that up about the extinct dodo birds btw
Session Close (bbunt302): Thu Jun 08 18:29:48 2006

It is called an inside joke and obviously you were on the outside of this one. I was not aiming that at you. You could have just sent me a PM and this mess would have all been avoided.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements