Usefulness of "The Thunderdome" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

View Poll Results: Should the Thunderdome stay?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Usefulness of "The Thunderdome"

Discuss. IMO i think its worthless, the only thread of any significance is "The Gauntlet" and even we know the true outcome of that thread, which is nothing.

it just doesnt have enough traffic or legitimacy to keep it around. most of those threads could be done in the hangout, the only difference is you can blatantly talk ****, but i think most of the people who went in there knew its all fun and games (nobody is or has enemies on here anyways), so its not like most the bloodshed wouldve been too violent for the hangout anyways.

Im just saying if theres one forum that could be cleaned out, thats the one.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Usefulness of "The Thunderdome"

I'm open to feedback on it. Anyone else?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #3
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire

I agree with Thomas. It's not needed.
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 07:07 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

If I'm not mistaken, I said this from the beginning.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
Discuss. IMO i think its worthless, the only thread of any significance is "The Gauntlet" and even we know the true outcome of that thread, which is nothing.

it just doesnt have enough traffic or legitimacy to keep it around. most of those threads could be done in the hangout, the only difference is you can blatantly talk ****, but i think most of the people who went in there knew its all fun and games (nobody is or has enemies on here anyways), so its not like most the bloodshed wouldve been too violent for the hangout anyways.

Im just saying if theres one forum that could be cleaned out, thats the one.
I agree !! There never were any serious issue between member We all at times talk **** to each other. But like Thomas stated It's all good .
Ever once in a while a new member will get a little bend out of shape until they realize everyone at one time or another has had there turn in the barrel

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
I agree !! There never were any serious issue between member We all at times talk **** to each other. But like Thomas stated It's all good .
Ever once in a while a new member will get a little bend out of shape until they realize everyone at one time or another has had there turn in the barrel

Visions of attack squirrels dance in my head
Old 10-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

We newbies do get bent out of shape from time to time. But I have learned that almost all is taken in jest and a good ribbing is just that. After watching the regs on here, I have learned to give back any crap I may get with a smile on my face. I must agree with Thomas as well. Anything said is said, no matter where you are. The Thunderdome was a great idea at the time, but is no longer useful. We are all adults, most of us anyways, and we still somehow learn to get along with or without the dome. DEATH TO THE THUNDERDOME.

That is all.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:59 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I think its a good idea, but we generally keep the forum clean of trash talking. If we had many more members it might warrent itself and from time to time it might be useful~

If we remove it we basically only have one action for a heated thread... lock it. If we keep it we can move it there at least.. it might not happen often but you know it does happen.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I think its a good idea, but we generally keep the forum clean of trash talking. If we had many more members it might warrent itself and from time to time it might be useful~

If we remove it we basically only have one action for a heated thread... lock it. If we keep it we can move it there at least.. it might not happen often but you know it does happen.
Exactly. It also hides the heated thread from guests so that they don't read a thread and turned off to the site and not join. We have had some threads that have been candidates, but I didn't see them in time to move them over there. The one where all the talk about the gay boyfriend that didn't want to do his hotter than hell girlfriend is a prime example. It ended up locked...when it probably should have just been moved to the dome to die off and let everyone get their opinions out.

Anyhow, threads like that...and like political threads when the time comes...are prime candidates for what should go in there once they move into the heated level.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
The one where all the talk about the gay boyfriend that didn't want to do his hotter than hell girlfriend is a prime example.
That is a prime example of something that should died after first breath. It is an example of someone being disrespected especially after she asked for it to stop. But it is also a good reason to keep the dome. That I do agree with. Maybe we should gut it and start over fresh. Give it a stay of execution. But we must remember, joking is one thing, disrespect is another. And being Italian, respect is everything.

That is all.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
That is a prime example of something that should died after first breath. It is an example of someone being disrespected especially after she asked for it to stop. But it is also a good reason to keep the dome. That I do agree with. Maybe we should gut it and start over fresh. Give it a stay of execution. But we must remember, joking is one thing, disrespect is another. And being Italian, respect is everything.

That is all.

Right...it was the only thread I could think of this early in the morning. But, that kind of stuff is what the dome was created for. The call outs and goofy-ness that went on with its creation was not the intended goal. It was for when things get out of hand and what not to keep it from public view to avoid turning off potential members. In the past, it would go into an staff forum and die...this would give us a garbage can of sorts so we didn't clog up the staff forums with junk.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #12
Regular

I have added a poll.

Please vote on whether it should stay or not.

Reddit
Old 10-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

I went ahead and voted stay, just because it may prove to be useful in the future. Like you guys said, if anyone does get into an argument, it's really the only place we have to move it that is in the least bit logical.

I don't see it as being overly useful... but since it's already there, I also don't see any need to remove it.

Scary stuff.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

It's not the fact of getting rid of the thunderdome...its growing up and learning when to stop. I know...y'all are boys and like to have your fun, Im used to it, but its hard to judge if you're being mean or just kidding when its on a computer screen.

My Friends On A Saturday Night After 6 Shots, 3 Martinis, 2 Pitchers of Beer :drinkbud: I love being the DD
Sexylil66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I think by now we all know how to take a bit of the burn its really not all that useful
Old 10-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I say keep it. :swordfigh
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

looks like the keepers are in the lead
Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i say nay

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

The Thunderdome is a great place for members how aren't Supporters to post something that they don't want everybody to read. :chin:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:52 PM   #20
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I voted stay
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #21
Regular

Hmmm... I am leaning toward removing it...

Reddit
Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

even though it is nearly 2-1 to keep it?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #23
Regular

Only 14 people voted out of almost 4,000 lol. I just don't see how the activity warrants having a whole forum for it.

Reddit
Old 11-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

true. i think only 14 out of 4000 actually use it. it's your call. you are the god of ME.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
true. i think only 14 out of 4000 actually use it. it's your call. you are the god of ME.
The thought behind it wasn't for people to use it like the bar and post threads continually. Y'all are missing the point of it. When threads get heated, you move it in here so people can continue to debate, but so that guests can not see it and get turned off to the site. That is the entire reason I suggested that forum.

However, if it is deemed it needs to go, then I guess we can continue to just lock/move to the mod forum any threads that get heated...and then watch them come back up because people still have more to say on the topic. :thumbs2:
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #26
Regular

Honestly though threads really don't get that heated around here in that manner.....

At this point its just taking up space... if there aren't any heated threads to move to it then it isn't of much use right now....

Reddit
Old 11-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Honestly though threads really don't get that heated around here in that manner.....
Until you remove the dome.

And when the presidential election comes back around. lol
Old 11-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

now and again its nice to have, but we should be happy we have the forum but we dont need it very much.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

here's a thought...

keep the dome. gut it of all the old **** that is kind of pointless now. put a lock on any ability to start a new thread there. any thread that is off topic can start in the bar. if it gets too heated, admin moves it to the dome. posting is possible for only those threads. still only the members can see it so as to not turn off prospective members. so the point of it is still the same. but now people can't start assinine threads here for the hell of it. and when the fun and games threads in the bar, or where ever, gets someone pissed off, admin moves it and guests can't see them.

just a thought.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
here's a thought...

keep the dome. gut it of all the old **** that is kind of pointless now. put a lock on any ability to start a new thread there. any thread that is off topic can start in the bar. if it gets too heated, admin moves it to the dome. posting is possible for only those threads. still only the members can see it so as to not turn off prospective members. so the point of it is still the same. but now people can't start assinine threads here for the hell of it. and when the fun and games threads in the bar, or where ever, gets someone pissed off, admin moves it and guests can't see them.

just a thought.
Great idea.

Scary stuff.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

really good ideal

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements