Is this section a "tech" section or a general discussion section? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Is this section a "tech" section or a general discussion section?

I'm not trying to be rude or single anyone out here, but it would be nice if a mod could provide some clarification as to whether this is a tech section of not. If it is, perhaps we should post a sticky with what is tech and what is not, and provide links to the appropriate sections for pics/vids and non-tech discussion.

I'm only brining this up since I have been seeing a lot of threads about non tech questions, and a lot of the long time members getting annoyed with newer members asking things that have been answered many times. I think some guidance can clear this up for all of us, and prevent further incidents and hostilities.

Thanks!
Napoleon
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
^ditto...
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
This is a tech section and videos unrelated to how-to's belong in the pic/vid section. We try to keep these threads sorted as best we can. We are approaching 26k members which makes it tough sometimes. Feel free to pm me personally when you come across threads that need to be moved(along with a link please) and I will handle it. You can also report it if I'm not around but I'd prefer you pm myself or another mod. We are currently working on new ways to cover all our bases.

Thanks,
Ed
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
So I wanna Plasti-Dip an axel back for my mustang. But I don't know which one would be the best for my car. Any ideas?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
This is a tech section and videos unrelated to how-to's belong in the pic/vid section. We try to keep these threads sorted as best we can. We are approaching 26k members which makes it tough sometimes. Feel free to pm me personally when you come across threads that need to be moved(along with a link please) and I will handle it. You can also report it if I'm not around but I'd prefer you pm myself or another mod. We are currently working on new ways to cover all our bases.

Thanks,
Ed
The thing is that there are so many I honestly feel bad telling you or reporting them because I know how much crap you already have to deal with. I would be sending you at least half a dozen threads a day
Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

The thing is that there are so many I honestly feel bad telling you or reporting them because I know how much crap you already have to deal with. I would be sending you at least half a dozen threads a day
Inboxes would always be full

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Inboxes would always be full
I can hold 10,000 PM's
We will continue to do what we can, rest assured of that. In the mean time contact me about extreme or ridiculous cases. Remember our staff(including myself) are volunteer and we do what we do because we care about ME.com and we will do what we can within reason and your concerns will be addressed as best we can.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
I'm not trying to be rude or single anyone out here, but it would be nice if a mod could provide some clarification as to whether this is a tech section of not. If it is, perhaps we should post a sticky with what is tech and what is not, and provide links to the appropriate sections for pics/vids and non-tech discussion.

I'm only brining this up since I have been seeing a lot of threads about non tech questions, and a lot of the long time members getting annoyed with newer members asking things that have been answered many times. I think some guidance can clear this up for all of us, and prevent further incidents and hostilities.

Thanks!
Napoleon
^ yes^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements