Please consider helping this young man achieve his dream - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Arrow Please consider helping this young man achieve his dream

Two and a half years ago this young man lost his father. As if that wasn't enough burden he was diagnosed five months later with cancer. You can read about him and his battles with this deadly disease in the link below.

Link > A '72 Chevelle for Austin

His dreams are to get his learner's permit (which he has done) and to own a 72 Chevelle that he can drive. I know it's not a Mustang, but I think he deserves every chance he can get to enjoy his life as much as possible while he is still able to do so.

Note: I have nothing to do with his cause other than being a donor to help fulfill his dream. I ran across an article about him on Jalopnik called "Let’s Find This Dying Teen a ‘72 Chevelle" and after reading it, researching it and visiting the donation site I couldn't help but donate to his cause. Please click the link, read for yourself and decide if you want to contribute or not.

P.S. While I cannot confirm 100% that this is not a scam, everything I found researching it, says that it is a true story, so I did donate myself. If anyone cares to confirm or disprove this, please let us know in a post of your own.

Thanks,
TH
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Two and a half years ago this young man lost his father. As if that wasn't enough burden he was diagnosed five months later with cancer. You can read about him and his battles with this deadly disease in the link below.

Link > A '72 Chevelle for Austin

His dreams are to get his learner's permit (which he has done) and to own a 72 Chevelle that he can drive. I know it's not a Mustang, but I think he deserves every chance he can get to enjoy his life as much as possible while he is still able to do so.

Note: I have nothing to do with his cause other than being a donor to help fulfill his dream. I ran across an article about him on Jalopnik called "Let’s Find This Dying Teen a ‘72 Chevelle" and after reading it, researching it and visiting the donation site I couldn't help but donate to his cause. Please click the link, read for yourself and decide if you want to contribute or not.

P.S. While I cannot confirm 100% that this is not a scam, everything I found researching it, says that it is a true story, so I did donate myself. If anyone cares to confirm or disprove this, please let us know in a post of your own.

Thanks,
TH
Wow Trojan thanks for sharing this!
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
It seems legit.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev View Post
Wow Trojan thanks for sharing this!
You're welcome, thank you for reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
It seems legit.
Thanks, I sure hope so. I found additional info on a TV station website and several other places that were proof enough for me. Anyways, I have wasted more money than I donated on a lot less worthy things in the past.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
It seems legit.
+1. I can't say for sure, but I would think if you're going to run a scam it would be for more than $16,000

Here is a link to the story that a TV News station in Denver published.

Trying to grant a dying teen's dream of a '72 Chevelle | 9news.com
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Wow, someone donated $4,000 at once! With a goal of 35K he's gonna be able to buy quite a bit of car with that. When I was a teenager this car lot had a green '72 Chevelle convertible going for $3,500. I wanted it so bad, I tried to trade them my regal but they still wanted $2,000 cash on top of the trade. I was SOL.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Wow, someone donated $4,000 at once! With a goal of 35K he's gonna be able to buy quite a bit of car with that. When I was a teenager this car lot had a green '72 Chevelle convertible going for $3,500. I wanted it so bad, I tried to trade them my regal but they still wanted $2,000 cash on top of the trade. I was SOL.
Dang that sucks!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
I dontated!
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
WOW, a $4K anonymous donation, that's incredible!
I wish I were wealthy enough to do things like that, but I'm not, so I donated what I could afford and that's all anyone can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev View Post
I dontated!

Thanks Kev, I'm sure they appreciate it!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
What can we do to help? Where to donate?
ViperTran is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements