Just an idea - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just an idea

Not sure if this should be in the bar or in general discussion. One of the mods can move it if necessary.

Here is my thought. On the forum, we get a lot of the same questions over and over. I never mind helping anybody out if I know the answer. I know we have stickies for a lot of things but my idea is a little different.

If we look at the simple question, "What exhaust should I get?" How many times is that asked on here? Like 1.6 million and that's fine but I think there is something we can do that will involve all of us and be helpful in the process.

What If we took aftermarket parts, by year and brand and voted on them to determine what is best for somebody who has a question which to use and what to buy? By that I mean (a lot like we do mustang of the month) post up nominated options and vote on them. Like axle backs or complete exhaust for each year model. Then we could save the winners in an easy to find location and point people to the winners for their answers. Call it something like, members recommended product page.

Does that make sense? Any feedback is very appreciated.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I like it sounds good.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Nobody but us likes?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would be alright with this
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

I just thought it might be something that would help everyone out and get our favorite products out there.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Honestly I don't think this would ever work. Plus that would add a lot of stuff to the mods plate. That's my two cents. What I do think would work would have subcategories in each body style like

2005-2009
-Exhaust
-Engine mods
-Exterior
-CAI
-etc

That way they can go look in the subcategories. Instead of using the search bar, BC apparently nobody knows how to
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

That is kind of what I was talkin about. After nominations were made and everything was done. Just create it like that with the winning mod.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I like it, sounds like good idea . save a lot of , is this better than that threads
2stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stang View Post
I like it, sounds like good idea . save a lot of , is this better than that threads
Lol it might slow it down but it'll never stop
Old 08-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I like it

03 Sonic Blue CONVERTIBLE W/STYLE BAR AND SPEEDSTER COVER AND 18X10W/275/35 REAR AND 18X9W/245/45 FRONT. OFF ROAD X-PIPE 40 SIERIES FLOMASTERS AND CAI.
Allans03ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Sounds logical. And are the mods all that busy that they don't have time to set this up? After initially setting it up the threads should support themselves.
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Sounds logical. And are the mods all that busy that they don't have time to set this up? After initially setting it up the threads should support themselves.
Well they do, do this for free after all. They donate their personal time to keep this forum up and running. Props to you guys
Old 08-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
It's a good suggestion and we've had similar ideas in the past. The only problem I see, is that noobs will still create redundant threads even thought the answer they seek is just a few clicks away. But none the less, we take all your suggestions and see if we can apply your ideas to improve our forum.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
It's a good suggestion and we've had similar ideas in the past. The only problem I see, is that noobs will still create redundant threads even thought the answer they seek is just a few clicks away. But none the less, we take all your suggestions and see if we can apply your ideas to improve our forum.
Well said primer
Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

I agree 100% they would still create the threads and eliminating the redundant threads is only half of it. I think the inclusion of everybody in the voting would be, to me, better than MOTM. Just my humble opinion.

We all appreciate u guys primer.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It could be like mustang of the month but mustang part of the month! Hahah
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

See lol. That's what I'm screaming!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Haha i like this idea
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
See lol. That's what I'm screaming!
Sounds like a great idea man and have sections for certain exhausts so people who have em can join in and post vids and comments and stuff
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

i hate to say it but we have a fair amount of sections as is...more so then a lot of other sites. people will always make these types of threads. believe me i've made a handful of stickies to try to make answering these types of threads easier. good idea though just not practical at least now.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I think the only way this idea could fly is if we had a mod that was dedicated to the new section to monitor the day to day. Kinda like how 99Ford handles the MOTM & the Mustang Game. The only problem with that idea is that I've seen in the past where mods make changes and make it their job to keep up with the changes but eventually get bored or tired with it and start to drop out and then all the changes they made would just fall apart. Plus, we'd still be redirecting noobs to the new section when they post a redundant thread.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements