How to increase horsepower - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #1

Region: Other
How to increase horsepower

I own a 2009 mustang Gt. manual , its been 2 months since im driving this car , i would like to increase my car horsepower but not the expensive way . I have 2000 dollars.
Zohaib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohaib View Post
I own a 2009 mustang Gt. manual , its been 2 months since im driving this car , i would like to increase my car horsepower but not the expensive way . I have 2000 dollars.
Cold air intake, a tune, and get 4.10 gears. That'll be around 2k right there and it'll make a big difference!
Redsvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #3

What tune? And yeah any idea about a good cheap intake? And yeah this is my first time to tune a car dont understand about the gear thing you said lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
What tune? And yeah any idea about a good cheap intake? And yeah this is my first time to tune a car dont understand about the gear thing you said lol
Gear Ratios are for acceleration. 9/10 times the need to be installed by a professional. But acceleration greatly improves.
Tunes are very simple. You can either take it to a dyno tuner ( Not recommended in your case) or you can call up and get a mail order tune, which you upload into the cars computer. I personally recommend BAMA, since you don't have very many mods.

You purchase a handheld tuner from them, and it comes with tunes for life. You simply plug the tuner under the dash, and follow the steps, and you're tuned!

As for a CAI, my advice is just pick one you like. They all give essentially the same power. In my book, it just comes down to looks.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Get all the bolt ons you can. Or you can try to piece together a vortech kit. Best bolt ons imo are full exhaust, short throw, gears, tuner in no particular order. Gears and tuner you feel the most. Gears dont add horsepower or torque but improves acceleration and feels like it does a lot depending on what ratio you go. Id go 4.1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Personally I like jlt intakes. They are pricy though. And yeah a handheld bama tuner or an sct tuner would work great! And the gears just make it accelerate harder. Id go with 4.10s if I was you. But have them installed professionally!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #7

Ohkay , what about a full exhaust system , intake , tuner and nitrous kit? That would be enough? By these things will i gain some horsepower ? Im confused what exhaust to buy? There is flow master , magna flow , borla and more.
Can anyone tell me what exhaust should i buy? I want that sporty type sound like the gt500 have and corvettes .
Want to know what exhaust system should i install ? Full exhaust system.
What cold air intake?
What tuner? Bama or another one?
Nitrous kit about 150 hp jet.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ohkay , what about a full exhaust system , intake , tuner and nitrous kit? That would be enough? By these things will i gain some horsepower ? Im confused what exhaust to buy? There is flow master , magna flow , borla and more. Can anyone tell me what exhaust should i buy? I want that sporty type sound like the gt500 have and corvettes . Want to know what exhaust system should i install ? Full exhaust system. What cold air intake? What tuner? Bama or another one? Nitrous kit about 150 hp jet.
Don't get nitrous! It's not safe to run a big shot of a nitrous on a stock motor. And any exhaust would do really. Just get what sounds good! Borla sounds good, corsa sounds good, even flow master and Magnaflow and they are pretty cheap!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #9

Then is there any cheap good turbo or supercharger that i can put around 3-4k $$$ in my mustang?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then is there any cheap good turbo or supercharger that i can put around 3-4k $$$ in my mustang?
As long as you run it 5-8lbs of boost it'll be safe. If you want to go any higher than that you'll need to get some forged internals. That's my recommendation. But to supercharger you'll be looking at some bigger numbers. Because you'll need new fuel injectors, new fuel pump, and you need to run oil lines and that's something you need to be careful with

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements