Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Admin
Admin
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland NW
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,064
Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

Some of you may be seeing a slidedown notice for tapatalk. In the next week or so we are going to be changing our app. Please ignore the tapatalk notice for now (or dismiss it). In a few days you should see a prompt to install our new app which is based on the tapatalk platform.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.
__________________
.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Lord NoMoney
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Will that be for tapatalk only of the actual mustang evolution app
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Admin
Admin
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Inland NW
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
Will that be for tapatalk only of the actual mustang evolution app
huh?

We are getting a new ME app. It is a branded and customized version of tapatalk.
__________________
.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H
Some of you may be seeing a slidedown notice for tapatalk. In the next week or so we are going to be changing our app. Please ignore the tapatalk notice for now (or dismiss it). In a few days you should see a prompt to install our new app which is based on the tapatalk platform.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.
Dang...the new tapatalk format does not support my phone.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Having a lot of trouble with this new update. Can't look at messages, can't look at other user post from there profile, and pics are having a hard time loading up. We already need another update
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rogue Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW
Region: Texas
Posts: 586
Everything looks great
__________________
Rogue Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
New format is pretty terrible. Not intuitive. Not as clean cut as the old one. A lot of problems finding threads and posts. Just problems.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Somebody was asleep at the wheel when they delivered this app.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Somebody was asleep at the wheel when they delivered this app.

+10000. Drunk programming.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
I'm so glad I'm still on the old one :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I'm so glad I'm still on the old one :p

How? Android?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Having a lot of trouble with this new update. Can't look at messages, can't look at other user post from there profile, and pics are having a hard time loading up. We already need another update

The new app is a small upgrade, however we ARE missing some of these old features. Would also like be able to Chang my profile info from the app.

Anyone else not able to see what they are typing at times.<-- annoying

With a few improvements this new app will be great.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss
I'm so glad I'm still on the old one :p
Same here. No updating for me.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
OK so my ME app updated yesterday and I'm having an issue seeing my pm's and my refresh button is working intermittently. I'm on android

Just thought I'd let y'all know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post
OK so my ME app updated yesterday and I'm having an issue seeing my pm's and my refresh button is working intermittently. I'm on android

Just thought I'd let y'all know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Don't u have an s4?! Mine hasn't updated but I think I might have mine set on manual update only
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Don't u have an s4?! Mine hasn't updated but I think I might have mine set on manual update only
Yes I do!

That's probably what it is, I should've turned it off, I think.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Yes I do!

That's probably what it is, I should've turned it off, I think.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Until y'all say omg the new app is great... I'm not updating :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Until y'all say omg the new app is great... I'm not updating :p
I don't blame you lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
HPFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 448
Can't read PM on my iPhone 4s. Please fix it. :/
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #20
Registered User
Newbie
 
Mrc728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Merrillville
Region: Indiana
Posts: 18
Anyone else's search function not working on new app? Ie even tried searching "mustang" and nothing shows up
Mrc728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
Can't read PM on my iPhone 4s. Please fix it. :/

Same problem with me
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Pm's don't work on my Galaxy S4, but the search function is working

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
The site admin is currently working on fixing all these bugs we are all experiencing with the new app. Please give a little more time for these issues to be worked out.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
HPFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc728 View Post
Anyone else's search function not working on new app? Ie even tried searching "mustang" and nothing shows up

+1. :/
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mlarv5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The site admin is currently working on fixing all these bugs we are all experiencing with the new app. Please give a little more time for these issues to be worked out.
I am natural about the new app. I have one request. In the old APP when I scanned a message board it would show the last post the new APP only shows the first post. Is there a way to get the last post to show instead of the first?
__________________
1968 Coupe <53000 miles on her 289 came off the line Jan 21st 1968. I bought it in 1983

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
I am natural about the new app. I have one request. In the old APP when I scanned a message board it would show the last post the new APP only shows the first post. Is there a way to get the last post to show instead of the first?
I believe this will help ya.

Go to settings and select "loading behavior" and choose "latest first"

Hope this helped

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388761170176.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	143644  
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
66Sprint200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 305
Ok, I officially don't like the new app. lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 104
I like that it shows me pictures now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mlarv5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post
I believe this will help ya.

Go to settings and select "loading behavior" and choose "latest first"

Hope this helped

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I guess I am missing it I just looked and do not see "loading behavior" I am using an iPhone 5S is it some place else

Thanks
__________________
1968 Coupe <53000 miles on her 289 came off the line Jan 21st 1968. I bought it in 1983

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:20 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.